LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Need help, I need to know the two wires for the reverse lock out on my AUTo to 6speed

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:12 PM

Exclamation Need help, I need to know the two wires for the reverse lock out on my AUTo to 6speed

Can someone tell me what two wires are the ones for the reverse lockout on the auto harness for a 6speed. I have alrady found out the two for the reverse lights (brown and green) now I just need the lockout.. Help me!!!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 08:50 PM

Re: Need help, I need to know the two wires for the reverse lock out on my AUTo to 6speed

if anyone could help me out it would be cool!
Old 06-12-2006, 09:49 PM

Re: Need help, I need to know the two wires for the reverse lock out on my AUTo to 6speed

http://www.thirdgen.org/manualswap

maybe this might help
Old 06-12-2006, 11:40 PM

Thanks 393d1 but, I dirent........... It doesnt say anything about the wiring of the 6-speed. Thanks again still need help
Old 06-12-2006, 11:49 PM

Brown and light green.

You also need to be mindful of the 24 hour rule between posts to bring your thread back to the top.

Last edited by shoebox; 06-12-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:59 AM

regorih inHous. Is there an electrical "reverse lockout" ?
Or are you looking for a park/neutral safety? You already have the reverse light wires. I'm pretty sure the "reverse Lockout" is a mechanical interlock that comes on aftermarket shifters.
For a park/neutral safety to allow the car to start in only park or neutral and not while in gear I wonder if it's the super large yellow wire just like in my 95 Impala SS? That's under dash at the steering colum and probably at the fire wall along with the other large red wires that are allways hot. the yellow (if that's the color for the fbody starter solinoid wire) is only hot at the turn of the ignition switch to "start".

Don't kill me if I get it all wrong because I don't have an fbody but I figure this is somewhat universal between some GM cars with the LT1.

That park/neutral safety is good to have at the drag strip especially when the 14 second red-kneck mustank driver tries to start his car while in gear and runs over his huckabilly crew.

Karl
Old 06-13-2006, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by quickSS
regorih inHous. Is there an electrical "reverse lockout" ?
Or are you looking for a park/neutral safety? You already have the reverse light wires. I'm pretty sure the "reverse Lockout" is a mechanical interlock that comes on aftermarket shifters.
For a park/neutral safety to allow the car to start in only park or neutral and not while in gear I wonder if it's the super large yellow wire just like in my 95 Impala SS? That's under dash at the steering colum and probably at the fire wall along with the other large red wires that are allways hot. the yellow (if that's the color for the fbody starter solinoid wire) is only hot at the turn of the ignition switch to "start".

Don't kill me if I get it all wrong because I don't have an fbody but I figure this is somewhat universal between some GM cars with the LT1.

That park/neutral safety is good to have at the drag strip especially when the 14 second red-kneck mustank driver tries to start his car while in gear and runs over his huckabilly crew.

Karl
Hi, no im not looking for the park/neutral safety, I have alredy by passed that.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by shoebox
Brown and light green.

You also need to be mindful of the 24 hour rule between posts to bring your thread back to the top.
Sorry for breaking the 24 rule I did not know of it. Im realy confused shbox , your telling me that the brown wire and green wire are for my reverse light and that the brown and light green wires are for my lock out right???? Will I be using the same brown wire for both connections???? Below I have made a picture showing you what wires are on my 96 Auto pigtail, I only have one light green wire and not a regurlar green wire. I looked up some searches and they say it could be brown and pink or blue for the reverse lockout.. SO now im even more confused. HELP!

Wires:
TOP: Yellow with black tracer, pink
LEFT:beige with black tracer , brown
RIGHT: light green, yellow with black tracer, red with black tracer, grey with white tracer
CENTER: black, pink, red, blue, white

Last edited by regorih inHous.; 06-13-2006 at 02:24 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:38 AM

I figured that might confuse you. These are two different sets of brown and green wires. One set in inside the car at the console and the other should be on the harness outside going to the transmission. I was quoting the wire colors base on the M6 harness which you don't seem to have. There is a chart on my website showing the pinout of the A4 plug. http://shbox.com/1/harness_connector_faces.htm Click the 4L60E tab at the bottom.

Looks like you can get around not having the M6 harness by using the pink wire in position "E" for power and the and the brown wire that is at position "U". The brown wire that is used for the TCC control on the A4, goes to the same place in the PCM that is used for the skip shift on an M6. So, it should work.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by shoebox
I figured that might confuse you. These are two different sets of brown and green wires. One set in inside the car at the console and the other should be on the harness outside going to the transmission. I was quoting the wire colors base on the M6 harness which you don't seem to have. There is a chart on my website showing the pinout of the A4 plug. http://shbox.com/1/harness_connector_faces.htm Click the 4L60E tab at the bottom.

Looks like you can get around not having the M6 harness by using the pink wire in position "E" for power and the and the brown wire that is at position "U". The brown wire that is used for the TCC control on the A4, goes to the same place in the PCM that is used for the skip shift on an M6. So, it should work.
Can I use the same brown wire "U" to be used with light green wire "A" and the pink wire "E" to activate the reverse light and the lockout at the same time?