LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Need help with Datamaster file...Car dies after warmed up

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 06:46 AM

Exclamation Need help with Datamaster file...Car dies after warmed up

Hi all.

Can someone take a look at this Datamaster file for me? I'm having problems with the car stalling out. In this file, I idled the car, reved it twice, then toward the end, it just shuts off.

http://www.1fastws6.com/96LT1Formula.uni

So 2 nights ago, I'm driving my car, and while cruising, the car just dies. No sputtering, or surging, just shuts off like someone turned the key off. I still had power, but no engine.

So I coast into a parking lot, and try to start it. It cranks with no problem, and has full power. But will not catch. My FP guage shows a perfect 42 PSI cranking fuel pressure, so it's not fuel related.

After sitting for about 10 minutes, I try starting the car again, and it starts right up. Idles perfect for about 30 seconds, then shuts right off. It seems to run when the car cools off a bit.

I had the car towed home the next morning and took a look at it. At this point I think it's a coil problem. I went out an purchased a new coil and installed it. Now the car starts right up (it's cold at this point). Idles for a while, and goes into closed loop without a problem, but once it gets hot, it just dies again. No hesitation, no sputtering, litterally just like I turned the key off. So now I have to rule out the coil. Both the coil and the ICM are brand new. I also had the car idling at night, and didnt see any arch near the spark plugs or coil.

The Opti is also fairly new and the car had no symptoms of an Opti related issue. Ive had several Opti's go out on me, and each time, I would have some symptoms, but none this time.

Can someone help me out?
Old 07-09-2006, 09:59 AM

Re: Need help with Datamaster file...Car dies after warmed up

FWIW, I bought a brand new ICM from auto zone and it was faulty.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:22 PM

Re: Need help with Datamaster file...Car dies after warmed up

Well, it was worth the post. Turned out to the the new ICM. It was faulty