LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

My Camaro CUT out in the RAIN??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 10:55 PM

My Camaro CUT out in the RAIN??

Hey Fbods I need some help. I have an LT1 355 Rebuild Motor. With Ram air hood and intake. its lowred as well with Long Tubes. last night It started raining Big time. I had to slow down to about 45 MPH. My Speedo started going up and down. (I know what that is. The Speed Sensor on the Trany) But the other thing that happen scared me. MY car just completly DIED. I mean just turned off. I had to restart the car and it was fine for the time being. After I got off the freeway. I came to a Light and it CUT out again. Just Stopped. I had to turn the car back on again. Now the only thing that I can think of is since I have ram air and it was raining. Im thinking maybe somthing around the TB was getting wet. IS there anything there that could cuase that. Please help. OH and this morning I started the car. Put it in Reverse and it Died. I wonder what that is.
If you can help please email me at LT1CST@aol.com or post here
Thanks
Chris
Old 11-22-2004, 12:43 AM

Re: My Camaro CUT out in the RAIN??

This may sound wierd but it may be your ignition wiring- switch or connectors or wires themselves. Only reason I say is because one time I went WOT and the car stuttered really bad on me. I couldn't figure it out, especially since the speedo gauge started jiggling around like it was nuts. Reached under the dash and jiggled the ignition connector and sure enough the car died. It may not be that but judging by the symptoms it probably is. If you go to start it one of these days and everything cuts out when you try to turn it on, then I'd say definitely.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:44 AM

If you get water on the opti, and the spark plug boots arent sealing right, spark can arc from cylinder to cylinder on the opti and damage things/cause the car to cut out and/or misfire erratically.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:01 PM

Ok my car wasn't misfiring at all. It drives Fine while running. No sputtering etc... I know when opti's go out and it doesnt sound like it. Im getting good spark when it runs. the only thing that I can think of is I have long tubed headers and im running plugs over the valve covers. I have one plug that tens to get to close to my headers And ive seen a Blue Current go from the plug to the headers. I have separated it and it runs good. But I need to do that. But i dont think that has anything to do with the car cutting out. Somthing got wet im sure of it. Cuase it wasnt doing it before it rained. So hopefully will see
Old 11-25-2004, 12:01 PM

ttt