LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

MSD Ignition worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 11:59 AM

MSD Ignition worth it?

I want to a real rev limiter on my car, not the one that the PCM has that actually cuts the fuel off... plus I plan on running spray anyway.

Whats the deal on the MSD Ignition on LT1's? What kind of things should I look forward too? I did a little search on it but it looks more of a spray thing then a n/a thing. I Just want it now for its rev limiter. Does it increase power? Driveablility? Gas efficicency?

How hard is this thing to install?
Old 05-08-2005, 02:10 PM

Re: MSD Ignition worth it?

I like mine. Smooths out the idle slightly. Smooths out the overall low end. Seems to me like it pulls slightly harder in the low end, which would make sence. Also, it should get better gas milage because you will get more of a complete burn with the 20 degree multiple spark. Hense the higher low end torque.

If your getting it for the rev limiter, you will need to have the stock rev limiter deprogrammed because mine happnes to hit the stock one just before the MSD limiter. I have the 6000 pill installed. Ill have it fixed some day.

Installation is cake if you have some electrical experiance. I would solder and shrink wrap everything, but that's just me. You could also just buy the plug and play harness. With the harness, you just hook up the power and ground, and plug the harness in. Without the harness, power, ground, and 4 other wires. Not very difficult either way.

GL and have fun with it. You'll like it.

Last edited by BLinindoll; 05-08-2005 at 02:16 PM.