LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Many Problems Need some insight Please

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 10:14 PM

Many Problems Need some insight Please

Well guys i got my car back from being worked on and its not right at all...

A- i getting a constant miss fire SES from burnt plug wires... i replaced the bad side but seem to not change a thing... (thinking my opti is gone south if it does should i do waterpump with it?)i will update after tomorrow i get passenger plug wires on it
B- I have alot of burnt wires on my headers i pulled most of them out of the way but most consernes is the passenger side leading to the o2s is between #4 primary and its melting but i have relocated but the primaries get so hot they melt the zip ties.. i am wondering guys with Hooker LT's what you do to cure this??on your connecting tube for cyclinder one do you have it clamped where it connects the rest of the primaries??? and wire leading to MAP and others from that area goin to PCM are torched too sudjestions? think it be ok now i moved it?... my steering wheel knuckle was on 2 primaries... i removed it but i belive i need it there but any sudjestions? any others with insight on this.... i think it was put back on wrong.... but seems would have contact either way...
C- lastly the valve train is EXTREMELY noisey.... i dont know where to start here... but i have ticking along with alot of clattering.... its like its not getting oil..

i am beside my self how crappy this deal worked out... i have not paid the guy for labor (just parts) and i am getting alot of people saying take it back... but i dont know guys... i am upset with this and i feel like a complete moron... all i am asking is sudjestions on what i should do.... i belive the opti is gone though...
Old 05-31-2003, 10:23 PM

Are your LTs coated? If not you should have, only way is to make sure everything that is getting burned be relocated or try protecting it with High temp wrap.
I have to do this with my fuel lines with the LTs and some other stuff I am high temp taping up, or relocating. I even bought a dang expensive heat shield for my starter.
I have not done my #1 primary yet so not sure on that one.
I know my local speed shop has some metal ties, you might try some of those, but keep an eye on em they might just transfer heat.
My opinion on the opti is yes go ahead and replace the WP as well since you have to take it off anyway.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:28 PM

yes the LTs are coated.... and i might look into metal ties.. i attached it to A/C line (o2 lines goin down the fender) but the tire melted right off like five minutes of driving..
Old 06-01-2003, 06:19 PM

Well Guys i got the wires in today... found oil leak in back of intake its bad... but the plug wires did not stop the miss fireing i am getting from PCM... its real rough idling and at low pre 2k RPM loads it jerks the shifter back and forth.... i had a intake back fire today as well.... i know this isnt right but i need sudjestions... my OPTI is soaked in oil from the front timing chain gasket and the balancer is slingin oil all over the motor... i put my pcmforless.com obd1 in and i did not get a missfire code.... but goin down the road i heard a poping noise and the valve train noise is got that much more louder.... i am not goin to drive the car no more but i am in need for sudjestions..... thanks sorry for this book.. but as you can see i am in a river of chit with no paddle
Old 06-02-2003, 06:08 AM

no help guys?