LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LE2 setup vs. AI 190cc

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 02:01 PM

Re: LE2 setup vs. AI 190cc

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
Mature as normal Overton, Back to the name calling and acting like a punk as normal I see..... at least learn to spell my name correctly.

Still nothing technical to talk about as normal. I wouldn't want people to know I was "slow" either if I was you.

Bret
Bret, learn how to spec a camshaft,,,,
And yeah I'm slow,guess that makes anyone else with a Lt1 even slower..
Oh but wait were you trying to compare my lt1 combo to PRO prostock cars??...If so thanks for the compliment.. how many others do you know run 9.3's with 388 ci. thats still running a factory cast block 350 with a 23* head... Ummm none of them... But then again I havnt been to the track this year yet have I.so who knows you may be eating even more crow than you are chawing on already.. glad you are having fun.. shame you cant roll all this trash talking to the track...

Last edited by Joseph Overton; 05-15-2006 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:04 PM

Since all the bigshots are on here.. how about a tech question...

How much more power is there to be had out of an aftermarket DFI still using an opti over the stock PCM? Can equal power be found assuming its within the limits of the stock PCM's rpm capability? IE, a 6800-6900 RPM car.

And who is the magic tuner for some of these magic cars that can trap 20 mph over a standard heads/cam car with only a few hundred pounds less weight..

I joke when I say magic car and whatnot.. as NONE of these cars being touted are what you typically see at the track. At least i never have.. maybe all the LT1's in S. Florida are just slow...
Old 05-15-2006, 02:10 PM

I did a direct swap from a lt1 pcm to a DFI gen 7 still using the opti. I saw no peak hp gain. That being said I went from a tune that I had been tweeking on for 4 years. I matched those numbers on my first day on the dyno. Joe helped me out with a base tune to get me started and I made a few tweeks from there. I believe that with the time and effort that I put into my tuning for the lt1 computer was also put into the DFI that there was HP to be found. But we will never know what those gains could have been since I have made some changes that game me some good hp gains after the swap.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Joseph Overton
Bret, learn how to spec a camshaft,,,,
And yeah I'm slow,guess that makes anyone else with a Lt1 even slower..
Oh but wait were you trying to compare my lt1 combo to PRO prostock cars??...If so thanks for the compliment.. how many others do you know run 9.3's with 388 ci. thats still running a factory cast block 350 with a 23* head... Ummm none of them... But then again I havnt been to the track this year yet have I.so who knows you may be eating even more crow than you are chawing on already.. glad you are having fun.. shame you cant roll all this trash talking to the track...
I just consider you dumb to run in a class where you are a 1/2 sec out of being competitive. I don't care if your Dave Connolly on the tree your going to get smoked. So don't take it as a compliment because it's not even worth the time to go to the race if you are that far off.... and it's not even because you are a Chevy with 23* heads. Uratchko has 30 less cubes than you and he's running a Chevy as well to 8.90's.

Again your technical skills amaze me!

Bret
Old 05-15-2006, 02:19 PM

Since this thread is all over the place except on the question asked in the beginning

Joe, I want to talk to you about a cam..I'm going for a NA 6 speed 9 sec. pass on pump and was thinking of making a few changes while motor will be out. Oh..that cam you sent to frank is flying for being untuned...reset the stock head record for a lt1.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by 95Bird
I did a direct swap from a lt1 pcm to a DFI gen 7 still using the opti. I saw no peak hp gain. That being said I went from a tune that I had been tweeking on for 4 years. I matched those numbers on my first day on the dyno. Joe helped me out with a base tune to get me started and I made a few tweeks from there. I believe that with the time and effort that I put into my tuning for the lt1 computer was also put into the DFI that there was HP to be found. But we will never know what those gains could have been since I have made some changes that game me some good hp gains after the swap.
hrm.. is most of the tweaking done at the track pass after pass? Or on the dyno to assure safe a/f ratios?
Old 05-15-2006, 02:21 PM

Well considering a stock pcm car ran 9.9's recently I say tuning ability is probably equal till past the the 7000 rpm limit ... Atleast thats my opinion having tuned with lt1edit,tunercat, as well as engine management aftermarket systems.. Is there more power? depends on the tuner and the time spent tuning...power increase will come if any from the ability of real time tuning and the tuning ability above the rpm limit of the factory pcm..
Old 05-15-2006, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28
hrm.. is most of the tweaking done at the track pass after pass? Or on the dyno to assure safe a/f ratios?
I never tweaked my stock computer at the track...the DFI I have been making some changed between runs after getting a good base tune on the dyno. I do go to 7500 now since the new heads really woke up my cam as far as rpm is concerned(and released a good bit of power) which the stock pcm would never do.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:24 PM

Well considering a stock pcm car ran 9.9's recently I say tuning ability is probably equal till past the the 7000 rpm limit ... Atleast thats my opinion having tuned with lt1edit,tunercat, as well as engine management aftermarket systems.. Is there more power? depends on the tuner and the time spent tuning...power increase will come if any from the ability of real time tuning and the tuning ability above the rpm limit of the factory pcm..

yea..Bens car is faaast. About the only thing left from the factory is the block casting and the pcm..lol.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:25 PM

Since this thread is all over the place except on the question asked in the beginning

Joe, I want to talk to you about a cam..I'm going for a NA 6 speed 9 sec. pass on pump and was thinking of making a few changes while motor will be out. Oh..that cam you sent to frank is flying for being untuned...reset the stock head record for a lt1.

Tim dont say that here , might hurt some egos around here if you know what I mean...
Old 05-15-2006, 02:26 PM

Gotcha.. I'd love to do my own tuning.. starting from a good baseline..

Bit of a scary concept to me though, given where I'm starting from..

Or find one of those "dead on" tuners... around Florida it doesn't seem like anyone is worthwhile to go to.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:28 PM

Tim dont say that here , might hurt some egos around here if you know what I mean...
I don't worry about egos..just personal goals I set for myself and hunt out people I think would be best to help me. I look at track results..which is where I spend my time with my car. I do the same with suspension tuning and don't get cought up in hype.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28
Gotcha.. I'd love to do my own tuning.. starting from a good baseline..

Bit of a scary concept to me though, given where I'm starting from..

Or find one of those "dead on" tuners... around Florida it doesn't seem like anyone is worthwhile to go to.
Doing your own tuning just takes some time to educate yourself. Of course I had alot of help from some friends at thunder racing and futral motorsports that let me do alot of testing on their dyno. I'm very lucky to have that tool that most don't. There are some good tuners out there...may have to drive to get to em though.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
I just consider you dumb to run in a class where you are a 1/2 sec out of being competitive. I don't care if your Dave Connolly on the tree your going to get smoked. So don't take it as a compliment because it's not even worth the time to go to the race if you are that far off.... and it's not even because you are a Chevy with 23* heads. Uratchko has 30 less cubes than you and he's running a Chevy as well to 8.90's.

Again your technical skills amaze me!

Bret

1/2 second ,,??? You do know thier are night school classes for people that have trouble with math... there again aftermarket block and heads that flow 70+ more cfm on the intake you would think, "smoked" would be literally..Hard to fathom I can qualify at one of those events , being as it were only a 3-4 cars even run in the 8's on a given race day.. But how would you know, right?? keep typing maybe somebody might believe you and buy another cam..
Old 05-15-2006, 02:33 PM

I don't worry about egos..just personal goals I set for myself and hunt out people I think would be best to help me. I look at track results..which is where I spend my time with my car.
I really do think that's a good way of looking at it.

I just want to get past the average 11 second heads/cam car I'm so tired of seeing..... sometimes, not even that :/ At least I broke 11's broken

Unfortunately here in S. Florida there's really no good "shops" no good "tuners".. and really no fast LT1's to share information with.

Quick Reply: LE2 setup vs. AI 190cc