LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

le1 installed, i musta been crazy

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 10:57 AM

I have the same setup as the person that posted(minus the electric WP). My car is driven daily with no problems. I had my PCM flashed by Ion(madz28) and it runs great. It is a lopey down low but smooth above idle. Are you still running stock injectors?
Old 12-29-2006, 11:20 AM

I am using Racetronix 38lb injectors,
All of this should be programmed correct, as I sent all this info to PCMforless. I installed the crank hub at the factory timing mark, not advanced or retard.

Once I get moving, it is ok, I can drive around town at around 1500 rpm relatively smooth, but it is not as smooth as it used to be

I have OBDII so should I get a scanmaster or autotap or another for logging? Thunderracing has a sale on both this weekend.

I just called thunderracing, and they want $550 to dyno tune it so I would probably want to stick with pcmforless and a logging device
Old 12-29-2006, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by bringBackCamaro
I am using Racetronix 38lb injectors,
All of this should be programmed correct, as I sent all this info to PCMforless. I installed the crank hub at the factory timing mark, not advanced or retard.

Once I get moving, it is ok, I can drive around town at around 1500 rpm relatively smooth, but it is not as smooth as it used to be

I have OBDII so should I get a scanmaster or autotap or another for logging? Thunderracing has a sale on both this weekend.

I just called thunderracing, and they want $550 to dyno tune it so I would probably want to stick with pcmforless and a logging device
So is your PCMsforless tune for the current LE setup, or is it an older tune?
Old 12-29-2006, 11:23 AM

I dont see gears in your sig, that would help a lot.

Even though yours isn't a huge cam, you still have to relearn to drive the car. If its smooth at 2k, dont drive around at 1.5k. (gears help this too)

**Edit, although not the easiest on the clutch,,, Slip the clutch a little bit till you get used to it. Hold it at 2k getting into the parking spot if its really that hard.

I drove around with a 25x duration 630 lift cam for a while. Didn't hit its powerband till 4k, but was perfectly drivable.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:24 AM

I don't know why yours is so rough. I have had no problems on mine. Are you sure you don't have any vacuum leaks? I actually have the LE1 package with a little more aggressive cam(LE 1.2). I don't think the crank hub has any affect on timing. OBD2 cars may be different.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by bingo
I don't know why yours is so rough. I have had no problems on mine. Are you sure you don't have any vacuum leaks? I actually have the LE1 package with a little more aggressive cam(LE 1.2). I don't think the crank hub has any affect on timing. OBD2 cars may be different.
If he is still on an obd2 computer (I know lots of people that have downgraded) then he has the crank sensor hooked up too.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:31 AM

My gears are stock, 3.43
It was ok when i was partially clutched, perhaps i just need more practice

the pcmforless tune was specifically for these heads and cam and supporting mods
Old 12-29-2006, 11:37 AM

I have the LE1e emmissions cam in my carand LE2 heads.It is just a tad smaller then the regular LE1 (slighty less exhaust duration).Iit is very tame IMO , I would have no problems driving this everyday or on long trips.

I do agree on the gears as 3:73s or 4:10s would make this even more fun to drive.But the stock 3:42s are not to bad.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Was the cam installed with the dots aligned correctly?

The location of the crank hub, and whether or not he's using the CKP are irrelavant. The only thing that matters is installing the cam correctly in relationship to the crank, and installing the Opti in the correct relationship to the cam.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:24 PM

There is nothing wrong with the LE1 or even something larger that would explain the problems you seem to be having. You need to look elsewhere. I'm not saying you don't have an issue going on, but believe me, it's not the cam.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:33 PM

I know for sure that my cam and crank sprockets are lined up, and the opti went on right. I spun the engine over 180 degrees from the following pic and installed the opti about 6 times to make sure it was right.

This pic shows the two marks lining up correctly
Old 12-29-2006, 01:30 PM

I can't tell if you used the correct keyway on the crank sprocket. There are three of them. It should have been the one using the circle as the timing gear alignment mark.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:36 PM

yes, i installed it with the circle facing up, per the instructions
Old 12-29-2006, 01:40 PM

I have no issues. See sig for setup. 20-23 mpg city/hwy mix. Pretty decent on the street. My clutch makes it kinda tricky but that's about it.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:57 PM

my car has really bad surging and idling issues as well (gm847), buti think a lot of it is in the tune. you can only tune something so well when you have an idea of what a car has, and the way each car is a little bit different

Quick Reply: le1 installed, i musta been crazy