LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

if your asking for help be respectful

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 PM

if your asking for help be respectful

Ive been watching the boards for a while now and I would like to address an issue I see. There are a lot of people who are asking for help or wanting a proven combo for performance and they disrespect the people who are trying to help. Ive seen how frustrated alot of the guys who I want to help me if I have problems are getting. Dont ruin it for me. Heck I assume dwayne got sick of no one listening and the disrespect that then follows. If your not going to check your pride at the door then you might not want to ask for help. To all the guys who know there stuff and try to help I am sorry for all the disrespect and I hope you can find a way to still help those that actually want help.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:44 PM

Re: if your asking for help be respectful

amen broter!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Administrator

And those offering help need to be respectful as well. We all started out knowing very little. We all asked "newbie" questions. And we were more thankful for the people who offered us advice without putting us down or insulting us. Unfortunately there have been a few people over the years who have decided it's more important to show the newbie seeking help how stupid he/she is, while passing along their superior knowledge.

It's all about mutual respect by both parties.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:51 PM

Oh fully agreed Fred. Personally I chose to adress the people asking for help as ive seen several who make it tough for those willing to help and then watching them get frustrated. Once they are frustrated they arent quite as friendly or willing to help and thats understandable and perhaps even on a forum we have to establish boundries and better protocal. Alot of it can be avoided with better communication and a level of mutial respect as you stated. If it were up to me I would rather have the guy who belittles me but helps me solve my problem than the disrespectful one needing help any day. I tend to think they lend to one another in a sick cycle of things and if the one needing help can remain respectful the people with the knowledge probably would be less apt to flaunt their arrogance and hopefully stay in a spirit of helping. Its that spirit of helping that I love. Seriously not many places any more that help is free and willing for that matter and thats something I dont want to lose because its nice ive learned enough I can give some back now. Anyway just posted this so the frustrated ones would know some of us think they are awesome and for those who are frustrated with their car and need help to appreciate the awesomeness of people who are willing and wanting to help them at no charge.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Administrator

The situation you described led to one of our more knowledgeable people leaving. But that individual had also been warned repeatedly over a period of years about insulting the people he was trying to help. Someone who does that drives off many valuable new members, and I'd rather have ten newbies than one veteran who chases half those newbies off. That's not what this site is about.

Given the amount of time you have been here, I doubt you are aware of some of these problems.

I think we've both made out point, and this thread is being closed, because it is not a "tech" topic. If you wish to continue the discussion, I would suggest that you post it on "Site Help and Suggestions".