LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

i need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 05:28 PM

Angry i need help

i just put a set of pacesetter long tube headers with off road y-pipe on my 96 trans am for some unknown reason my t56 transmission is really hard to put into reverse and also my maf sensor now went out. it also sounds like my rocker is ticking on the driver side. what could be causing these problems. im getting codes p0100 and also p1657. please let me know what to do.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Sounds like you managed to blow one or more of the fuses.

By "hard to put into reverse", I assume you mean that its hard to push the lever all the way to the right to get it into the reverse gate. That would indicate a blown fuse for the reverse lockout solenoid, damage to the wire, or the harness connector is off.

You also indicate:

P1657 = Skip shift/One to four upshift system control circuit

Did you delete the "skip shift" feature by removing the harness connector, and not adding a resistor. Again, same fuse as the reverse lockout solenoid, same potential for damage to the wire or harness connector off.

Did you possibly get:

P1667 Reverse inhibit solenoid control circuit

.....which would confirm the reverse lockout solenoid problem.

P0100 Mass Air Flow (MAF) insufficient signal activity

Most common cuase is loss of power to the harness connector. Check the pink wire on the harness connector for +12V. May be another blown fuse.

If you look in the back of your Owner's Manual, you will find the locations of the suspect fuses. If you don't have an Owner's Manual, Shoebox has a link to an online source:

http://shbox.com/pdf/manuals.html

The sound of a rocker ticking on the driver's side is most likely an exhaust leak.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:41 AM

p0100 is the MAF sensor and p1657 is your skip shift