LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

i dont know why im asking this but.... next mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 08:28 PM

i dont know why im asking this but.... next mods

i know exactly what there is to do and not to do for my situation but im really wondering what else would be benificial. im getting a clutch soon to help get the power out back. i dont want gears, or anything like that, i mostly want something thats gonna add more power, more so like i can walk on LS1s instead of just usually hang with the. ive been considering a hotcam kit but by the time you buy a new timing chain, and blah blah blah its over 1 grand to put in. ive always had nitrous lingering in the back of my head, but i want something that is always gonna be there whenever i want it. i know i could do rockers or pullies but idk how much gain there will be. just looking for some other ideas that will really hop it up.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:34 PM

Re: i dont know why im asking this but.... next mods

Pullies are a waste of money in my opinion and the the Hotcam kit will come with 1.6 ratio rockers. Also, they don't call nitrous the "poor mans supercharger" without reason. You can get a complete kit pretty cheap. It just boils down to what you want to spend. I was in the same situation... I couldn't decide on whether I wanted to do heads/cam or nitrous for my summer project. If I wanted to do heads/cam the right way, I was going to spend well over two grand so I decided to just hold off until I have enough to afford a forged shortblock as well. Long story short I went with the nitrous.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:40 PM

haha, for sure man. long story short, my car used to have a Nitrous Works Wet Kit on it, the other guy raced a few cars on the street and i was very impressed with what he told me to say the least. ive always been planning on getting a wet kit hopefully by the end of the summer at least. but what really got me thinking about some N/A power, was when i raced an LS1 a few days ago and he just annilated his tires, and walked me. now... i really wish i knew what he had done to it, it didnt sounds terribly aggresive but its hard to hear much in my car with a dump before the axle. like i said tho he was sliding 2nd gear while im trying to get my ****ty clutch to grab.haha. anyways... i was thinking, it would be great to have a 100 shot all set up and running safely, but its gonna maybe get me 12's at the track and i gurantee everyone, i wouldnt open that bottle once on the street, except to test it the first time to make sure it worked properly. thats why i want something that's always gonna be there. im gonna search about hotcam kits, but i know for sure it will only be that kit and a new timing chain if i decide to do that. also i dont wanna run into mechanical trouble with the car either. knock on wood, so far so good, but i would hate to have to tear this thing down to nothing my senior year of high school because i thought it would be cool to put a cam in it. but hmmm.....

well i know what im doing tonight, researching hotcams damn addiction
Old 06-18-2006, 07:53 PM

thoughts anyone? i think i could get a hotcam in, running and tuned for under a grand. oppinions and thoughts are great. thanks
Old 06-19-2006, 12:26 AM

not to sound like a dick but i suggest you find out whats wrong with the car first, mid 14's is not what your car should be running with full exhaust and DR's
Old 06-19-2006, 08:04 AM

haha, dude i know. theres nothign wrong except a slipping clutch and crappy tires. i already got nittos and im looking into clutches right now if youll notice the car was doing 101 through the traps but my best 60' was 2.4 haha. POS stock clutch slips like a ****. thanks for the advice tho, but it really does run pretty solid.