LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

I accidentally Repaired my Power Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 03:20 AM

I accidentally Repaired my Power Door Locks

Yeah... I fixed them while trying to fix a slight voltage swing displayed by the voltage gage in the dashboard.

My dashboard shows some voltage variation when the engine is hot... specially at idle and above 180* farenheight. I traced the voltage feed lines and it occurred to me that one of the fuses at the fuse box may have had a bad/rusted conection. I opened the driver side door and pulled the fuse box cover and removed and flipped over a couple of fuses... one labeled *ignition* and another one that I pulled out by mistake. I also pushed/pressed all the other the fuses in....

I didnt fix my voltage problem but my door locks work like a charm.

I have had a problem opening the passenger side door with the remote control... it would only work whenever it wanted to... then, recently the driver side door lock began to have a problem locking and unlocking... I imagined it was the remote's batterys going bad... I even bought a brand new key fob that I havent programed in yet.. Today my doors would not longer open and I didnt care much since I was more interested in fixing my voltage problem.

I played with those fuses... and when I was done with them I was gunna swap the batteries but decided the test the transmiter one more time and the door locks were workin just fine... both sides. Sort of a Miraculous repair out of nowhere.

I wanted to share with you guys since at one point I was so bent on replacing that receiver box located at the passenger side footwell trying to fix this very same problem. Good thing I didnt spend the cash.

Marvin