LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

homemade injector harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 03:39 PM

Question homemade injector harness

Well, there's the deal. I have had a proplem with an intermittant dead miss for a couple months now, out of the blue I would lose 1, sometimes 2 cylinders. Then a minute or two later, they would come back to life. Well, last weekend, I lost 3, and they didnt come back to life... driving on 5 out of 8 is tough in a heavy caprice. Got a noid light set, and sure enough, a couple aren't getting power. wiggling them fixed it for a little while..

anyway, here's my plan. buy 8 injector connectors from the auto store. connect one of the wires from all of them to an "ignition on only" 12V source, and then make a nice little 8 wire bundle to the PCM, and connect my new wires in where the old wires were connected on the red plug I believe it is.

does this sound like a resonable idea? if so, does anyone happen to know what PCM pins go to each injector? I have been searching but have had no luck.

this is my daily driver, to and from work car.. I dont wanna spin a bearing or something from the off balance firing.

THANK YOU!
Old 10-04-2006, 03:44 PM

Re: homemade injector harness

Should be the same as this, I think.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:05 PM

perfect... I should have checked your page.

http://shbox.com/1/1995_pcm_conn_a.jpg

thanks!
Old 10-04-2006, 06:41 PM
sbs

Seems like an injector harness from a junkyard would be cheaper, easier, and probably more reliable.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:30 PM

i'd do the yard harness too...it's a PITA and not really worth the time/money involved in purchasing the tools necessary...just get a new harness.

to do this yourself, you'll need soldering wire, gun, wire, harnesses, butt connectors (solder connection, not crimp), punch tools, multi-meter, pins for the main connector.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:17 PM

I bought the fuel injector connectors and pin kit from Summit pretty cheap. I think it was a MSD kit.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...08224&D=308224

Last edited by 94 NO TOP Z; 10-05-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Severous01
i'd do the yard harness too...it's a PITA and not really worth the time/money involved in purchasing the tools necessary...just get a new harness.

to do this yourself, you'll need soldering wire, gun, wire, harnesses, butt connectors (solder connection, not crimp), punch tools, multi-meter, pins for the main connector.
As for the junkyard harness, wouldn't that require me buying the WHOLE engine harness all together, and then hoping that it didnt have any other problems either?

I have no problem soldering a proper connection, and I have the tools already for that. I dont have pins for the main connector, so I will be cutting into the existing wires a couple inches out from the PCM (as I believe the wires usually break near the injector plugs).
Old 10-05-2006, 08:16 AM

Thumbs up Re: homemade injector harness

Originally Posted by 94 NO TOP Z
I bought the fuel injector connectors and pin kit from Summit pretty cheap. I think it was a MSD kit.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...08224&D=308224

fantastic link. they run about that much EACH at autozone. I'll overnight them.