LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Help Quick.........

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 04:52 PM

Help Quick.........

ok...i have to replace the ignition swicth in my car and i have the steering colum alomost out....there are 2 wire connections that i have no idea what they are and one of em i can get off but the other i cant...ok there is a 2"x 3" black box zip tied on the top lower steering colum that i have no idea what it is....the only way to get it off is cut the zip tie then that falls off...next is under the steering colum where like 5-8 wires all go into it...how do i get those off to pull out the colum...i need replies quick..PLEASE HELP...
call me if its faster at 832-216-5440
thanks
randy
Old 10-13-2003, 06:49 PM
Banned

Re: Help Quick.........

Originally posted by crAzy95z28
ok...i have to replace the ignition swicth in my car and i have the steering colum alomost out....there are 2 wire connections that i have no idea what they are and one of em i can get off but the other i cant...ok there is a 2"x 3" black box zip tied on the top lower steering colum that i have no idea what it is....the only way to get it off is cut the zip tie then that falls off...next is under the steering colum where like 5-8 wires all go into it...how do i get those off to pull out the colum...i need replies quick..PLEASE HELP...
call me if its faster at 832-216-5440
thanks
randy
Well the black box thats' zip tied are the wire's that come from the cruise control and turn signal. The other two connector's that are on top of the steering column are the ignition switch wires. There are lil tabs on them that you have to press down on and then pull the connector's off. Keep in mind there are TWO connector's on top there and the connector CLOSEST to the engine has to be removed BEFORE the other one can be taken off.