LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 06:24 PM

help please

ok i had atune so it would get rid of some codes put it on started the car light went off then came back on checked it was a code 42 so i repl the opti wires and put some njktr6 becouse i am tryin to get it ready for the spray but started the car up today and same thing so i un pluged the msd box light went out but now the car is surging about 4500 up it does not matter if its at wot or just slowly accelarting thanks for any help
Old 02-24-2006, 07:54 PM

Re: help please

Originally Posted by 194bird
ok i had atune so it would get rid of some codes put it on started the car light went off then came back on checked it was a code 42 so i repl the opti wires and put some njktr6 becouse i am tryin to get it ready for the spray but started the car up today and same thing so i un pluged the msd box light went out but now the car is surging about 4500 up it does not matter if its at wot or just slowly accelarting thanks for any help
No offense man but I can't really understand what you're saying other than your engine isn't running right and you have a code 42 set.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Re: help please

DTC 42 involves a lot more than the Opti. There is a detailed analysis sheet in the shop manual showing the steps required to rule out each component. Get a copy of the chart and work your way through it. IC Module, shorts or grounds in the wiring, etc.

What codes did you have before the "tune"?

What did the "tune" consist of?

What did you "put on"?

What year is the car?

What are the mods on the car?

Very hard to answer a question without all the background.

I don't think people realize how much lack of punctuation and capitalization makes their posts almost incomprehensible. A lot of people will look at a post like this and not even bother to respond.