LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Finally got her running!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 01:26 AM

Re: Finally got her running!

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
very cool....moderate durations, high lift - and assuming pretty aggressive ramps too.
yeah we were trying to take every little advantage out of those heads that we could with the cam, especially since they are out of the box heads.

OH one more thing I think I forgot to mention, which should be interesting once its working is my cutout...this tune was through a full exhaust cutout closed, I have the borla exhaust but I had a plate fabbed up so that it would direct 100% of the flow through the muffler to quiet it down, since I live in Cali and all I don't need the extra attention when I don't want it LOL.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by FeelTheSpeed
yeah we were trying to take every little advantage out of those heads that we could with the cam, especially since they are out of the box heads.

OH one more thing I think I forgot to mention, which should be interesting once its working is my cutout...this tune was through a full exhaust cutout closed, I have the borla exhaust but I had a plate fabbed up so that it would direct 100% of the flow through the muffler to quiet it down, since I live in Cali and all I don't need the extra attention when I don't want it LOL.
The muffler shouldn't make a huge difference...the Borla flows well. It will pick up some though, no doubt. I agree with you on the whole 'quiet' thing here in Cali...you don't want to raise the suspicion of the five-ohs here....one way ticket to a smog referee.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:40 AM

The muffler shouldn't make a huge difference...the Borla flows well. It will pick up some though, no doubt. I agree with you on the whole 'quiet' thing here in Cali...you don't want to raise the suspicion of the five-ohs here....one way ticket to a smog referee.
Even though I dunno if you have heard or seen it, but a buddy of mine up here was nailed to go to a smog ref(was driving from his house to the track..only bout 1.5miles... in a very non streetable car lol)anyways he recieved a notice from the State letting him know his fines and where he has to go to see the ref, then under that it said: OR you can pay this fine, which was roughly 150 dollars higher than earlier stated fines and not have to go to the smog ref....I was laughing hestarically when he showed me. Just goes to show what our state really cares about...CARB? pfffffffffd LOL
Old 10-12-2006, 01:42 AM

Even though I dunno if you have heard or seen it, but a buddy of mine up here was nailed to go to a smog ref(was driving from his house to the track..only bout 1.5miles... in a very non streetable car lol)anyways he recieved a notice from the State letting him know his fines and where he has to go to see the ref, then under that it said: OR you can pay this fine, which was roughly 150 dollars higher than earlier stated fines and not have to go to the smog ref....I was laughing hestarically when he showed me. Just goes to show what our state really cares about...CARB? pfffffffffd LOL
Our state sucks in this regard, and the laws change constantly. Now you're labeled as a gross polluter and are subject to annual smog inspections at test-only facilities until the car changes ownership. They are getting to be dicks here now.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:44 AM

Our state sucks in this regard, and the laws change constantly. Now you're labeled as a gross polluter and are subject to annual smog inspections at test-only facilities until the car changes ownership. They are getting to be dicks here now.
or get pinned as one of those "randomly" picked cars to go to smog test only centers, lucky me LOL. When it comes to this stuff I take the car out for a drive out in the country side through the hills, stop and just enjoy our California weather, just so that I can remember why I still live here LOL.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:54 AM

Thanks guys! The sheet below my dyno graph shows both SAE and non, except in this one the SAE is WCF(with correction factor). It was dynoed in the East Bay area, so extremely close to sea level if not right on it. The water is alomst a stones throw away from the shop it was dynoed LOL. We had a fairly warm day it was tuned, some where around 78-82 degrees maybe. The humidity shouldn't have been a factor though, didn't seem too humid that day.

I'm sorry I'm still learning the lingo lol, what does cr stand for? I put just under 500 miles on the car before we dynoed it. I will PM you my cam specs.
thanks, i lived in fremont ca for a little while and sunnyvile.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:29 AM

sorry to those of you who were trying to PM me, my box is empty now so you can send them if you would like