LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Engine swap 95 LT1 to 83 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 06:33 AM

Engine swap 95 LT1 to 83 Camaro

My original web sight that has everything I've done on this swap is having problems. I can't post pictures anymore. So, this might be a good time to condense what I've done and continue on this sight which appears to be working just fine.

This is where we're at now.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:42 AM

Re: Engine swap 95 LT1 to 83 Camaro

I've been working on this project since 2013. If there is any interest in seeing what we've done I'll post a sequence of steps we did through out the project.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Unfortunately, the “Manage Attachments” feature no longer works consistently for photos. Doesn’t make any sense, but that's what Internet Brands, owner of this site tells me. When posting a new message or reply, at the top of the message field there is a new row of icons. In the middle, just left of the smiley icon is the upload photo icon.

See this sticky:

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sit...28-com-699204/

I’d like to see what you have done. Hopefully others will be interested as well. But be forewarned - this site is dying a slow death. I'm the only moderator that is on here every day. The Administrator hasn’t signed in for 15 months. Other than a dozen or so diehard LT1 fans, like Shoebox (who no longer owns his Z28), there are very few regulars left. Depressing.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:19 PM

Thumbs up Re: Engine swap 95 LT1 to 83 Camaro

K
Originally Posted by Injuneer

I’d like to see what you have done. Hopefully others will be interested as well. But be forewarned - this site is dying a slow death. I'm the only moderator that is on here every day. The Administrator hasn’t signed in for 15 months. Other than a dozen or so diehard LT1 fans, like Shoebox (who no longer owns his Z28), there are very few regulars left. Depressing.
HiYes, we’d like to see what you’ve done.Injuneer: There are still a few lurkers left on here. I do write an occasional reply to posters where I can.A big thanks to you though for all your expert knowledge without which most posts wouldn’t be concluded.Thanks.Mitch
Old 03-13-2019, 09:54 PM

Fred is pretty much single-handedly keeping this forum (and others) current. Kudos to you, sir.

OP, the chronicles of your swap would certainly be of benefit to many others.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:54 AM

That is depressing to know that this site is slowly going away. My son and I have been talking about using youtube as sites for the old Camaro's are disappearing. Thanks for all the work you guys have done in the past. I don't know if this is legal or not, but my history of this build is over on Thirdgen.org look under 83 Camaro / 95 Caprice engine LT1/transplant.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:20 AM

Big Big Thanks to you Rob also.
Your site is amazing. Pulled me out the **** many a time.In the last 15 years I don’t think I’ve come a site as detailed as yours anywhere.Mitch
Old 03-14-2019, 11:40 AM
Administrator

And don't forget GaryDoug..... doesn't even own an LT1, never did, but he has written both OBD-1 and OBD-2 scanning software that is the best and most useful I have seen. He has repaired Opti optical modules. He has an LT1 "simulator" setup, complete with an operating PCM and an Opti, plus other sensors to use troubleshooting problems. He's always here to help out on electrical problems... the benefits of being an electrical engineer. We mechanical engineers shy away from the electrical stuff.....

There's a few more regulars that should be mentioned, but I don't want to risk leaving anybody out..... so I'll leave it at that, THANK YOU!

My dealings with Rob/Shoebox go back more than 20 years, when we were both solving the problem of using our stock springs with the QA1/HAL adjustable shock lower spring seats.. Someone I'd really like to meet in person!
Old 03-14-2019, 02:12 PM

I still visit this site, everyday. It's helped me with my Firebird from time to time. But, I'm getting old now, and find it harder and harder to get on and off a creeper. Then, I think of the alternative to getting older.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:09 PM

And don't forget GaryDoug..... doesn't even own an LT1, never did, but he has written both OBD-1 and OBD-2 scanning software that is the best and most useful I have seen. He has repaired Opti optical modules. He has an LT1 "simulator" setup, complete with an operating PCM and an Opti, plus other sensors to use troubleshooting problems. He's always here to help out on electrical problems... the benefits of being an electrical engineer. We mechanical engineers shy away from the electrical stuff.....

There's a few more regulars that should be mentioned, but I don't want to risk leaving anybody out..... so I'll leave it at that, THANK YOU!

My dealings with Rob/Shoebox go back more than 20 years, when we were both solving the problem of using our stock springs with the QA1/HAL adjustable shock lower spring seats.. Someone I'd really like to meet in person!
Yes, GaryDoug's contribution has been immeasurable. Very much an asset to the hobby.

Fred, it seems like yesterday we were trading tips on our Hal projects. I hope to make a trip to the northeast in the coming years. Kinda hoping I could find a way to make your personal acquaintance while in the area.

Ok, this thread is going to get locked for going off topic. Pardon the interruption.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:53 AM

I got the other site to work. so if your interested jump over to it. third gen.org
Old 04-21-2019, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Strick
I got the other site to work. so if your interested jump over to it. third gen.org
Same screen name?
Old 04-21-2019, 02:51 PM

Same screen name?
Strick1
thirdgen.org then: Third Generation F-Body Message Boards >Tech Boards >Engine Swap >LTX and LSX
>

83 Camaro\95 Caprice LT1\transplant

Old 04-21-2019, 04:17 PM

But be forewarned - this site is dying a slow death.
Yeah, it's sad to see. I think Chevy's choice to backseat the Z28 option/branding has hurt this site the most. If they bring back the Z28 option to the forefront, I'd be willing to bet this site could see a resurgence.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:40 PM
Administrator

Look at the structure of the 5th and 6th Gen forums. Why would any of those owners even come here? I fought for years to get things changed/updated, but got nowhere. Most of the LS1 owners defected to their own site. We're left here with a few die-hard LT1 owners. Rob doesn't even have his Z28 any more, I never had one and am getting ready to sell my Formula, and GaryDoug who did amazing things with the LT1 PCM never owned a Camaro or an LT1. I'm old as dirt, and only here because I'm retired and have a lot of time on my hands. The site Administrator hasn't signed in to the site since 2017.

Sad.

Quick Reply: Engine swap 95 LT1 to 83 Camaro