LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

engine hiccup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 11:11 AM

no need for the classroom course, i am a master certified tech with a specialty in electrical

my question was what would point you towards the plug wires if changing the coil wire made the problem worse, again not that i am ruling out the wires just seems that if changing the coil wire made the problem worse it would be related to that or something he touched during replacement. and since you dont go anywhere near the plug wires....
Old 01-09-2008, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by dangalla
no need for the classroom course, i am a master certified tech with a specialty in electrical

my question was what would point you towards the plug wires if changing the coil wire made the problem worse, again not that i am ruling out the wires just seems that if changing the coil wire made the problem worse it would be related to that or something he touched during replacement. and since you dont go anywhere near the plug wires....

my only thought on this would be if the coil wire was weak, it wasnt producing sufficent spark to the opti, when sufficient spark was produced, more current would be running threw the plug wires making it more noticable.... or maybe this only makes since to me.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:52 PM

any reason behind that, replacing the coil wire has nothing to do with the plug wires, nor do you get anywhere near them, not that i am ruling them out
Well I thought I was explaining the reason behind it but it appears that I ruffled your feathers. Maybe your question should have been prefaced by "I understand basic electronic theory, but what is your specific thinking that...........

Maybe then I could have provided the appropriate response you were looking for. My comment would still be very useful to those trying to solve their problem.

BTW not everyone here is a "master certified tech with a specialty in electrical", maybe you should add that to your signiture for future reference.

But what do I know? I am just a ****-on Electrical Mechanical development engineer for a major Fortune 500 company.

I will go play in another post now.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by wrd1972
Well I thought I was explaining the reason behind it but it appears that I ruffled your feathers. Maybe your question should have been prefaced by "I understand basic electronic theory, but what is your specific thinking that...........

Maybe then I could have provided the appropriate response you were looking for. My comment would still be very useful to those trying to solve their problem.

BTW not everyone here is a "master certified tech with a specialty in electrical", maybe you should add that to your signiture for future reference.
really i was just wondering what your theory was and your right i should have worded it differently, really was not attacking you just picking your brain to help me think and there is no question in my mind your post will be helpful to others even if not experienceing a problem and i am sure more than one person that read this thread learned something from what you said

btw i put that info in my profile, sig is for the car
Old 01-09-2008, 11:55 PM

now that you guys are done fighting, help please?