LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Edelbrock LT1 Air-Gap Intake results!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 04:56 PM

Edelbrock LT1 Air-Gap Intake results!

I posted this on another board so here are my personal results with the intake. Take this with a grain of salt because the car was not dyno'd on the same dyno but it's all I got for now.

I gained ~5 rwhp and ~12 rwtq from my last dyno without this intake manifold. This was with the cutout closed. Take note to only compare the 1st run dyno numbers with my previous numbers.

359.3 -> 364.3 rwhp
352.4 -> 364.0 rwtq

For giggles, I opened up the cutout on the last two dyno runs to see what it would max out at, the numbers jumped to:

379.3 rwhp
370.4 rwtq

Link to the dyno sheet:

And Video:

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w...ynoDay4_29.flv

Good enough for me even though its not much and I'm just happy that my oil leak in the back of the manifold is gone (hopefully for good).

Take this for what its worth guys and don't shoot a messenger since I think I'm the only guy to post any kind of results.

Again, I am only posting a 5rwhp and 12rwtq gain over my other baseline numbers with the cutout closed. I did not get a previous baseline with the cutout open so I'm not comparing those numbers.

-Brian

Last edited by BlackbirdWS6; 04-29-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by BlackbirdWS6
without this intake manifold. This was with the cutout closed.
359.3 -> 364.3 rwhp
352.4 -> 364.0 rwtq

with the cutout open on the second two dyno runs, the numbers jumped to:

379.3 rwhp
370.4 rwtq
Sorry, but that's not really meaningful data. Different dynos, different days, cutout opened/closed.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:51 PM

a gain is a gain since its corrected. Only thing throwing the numbers off is the dyno's being different. I just posted that the cutout was open since those yielded significantly different numbers that I realize have nothing to do with the intake.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member

Moderator delete this thread! It freaking blows. Cutout open... closed.... 2 different dyno's... this isn't good evidence of a gain. This is just a way for people to get confused... I bet this guy works for edelbrock.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:01 PM

Cut the guy a break, at least he posted results, take them or leave them. Not every one can have a shop dyno to their advantage, do a base line, swap the manifolds and redyno the same dyno on the same day.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by neil350
Cut the guy a break, at least he posted results, take them or leave them. Not every one can have a shop dyno to their advantage, do a base line, swap the manifolds and redyno the same dyno on the same day.
agreed, take it or leave it.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jasonisdn
agreed, take it or leave it.
agreed....not everyone has money to sit on a dyno all day and swap parts around
Old 04-29-2007, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
Moderator delete this thread! It freaking blows. Cutout open... closed.... 2 different dyno's... this isn't good evidence of a gain. This is just a way for people to get confused... I bet this guy works for edelbrock.
Giving people flak like that is probably the reason so many results don't get posted. If I posted higher results you would knock that the dyno was the cause. I had a feeling this would happen, but I'm posting this regardless. You think because I posted a minor 5rwhp gain that this speaks leaps and bounds for Edelbrock?

I cleaned up the text to make note that I am only comparing the runs with the cutout closed so I'm only posting a 5rwhp and 12rwtq gain. I'm neither endorsing this product nor turning people away from it. You guys wanted some numbers so here you go.

-Brian
Old 04-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Advanced Member

alright alright maybe I was a bit harsh...
Old 04-29-2007, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by BlackbirdWS6
Take this with a grain of salt because the car was not dyno'd on the same dyno but it's all I got for now.

Take this for what its worth guys and don't shoot a messenger since I think I'm the only guy to post any kind of results.

Again, I am only posting a 5rwhp and 12rwtq gain over my other baseline numbers with the cutout closed. I did not get a previous baseline with the cutout open so I'm not comparing those numbers.

-Brian
I see nothing wrong with this post. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:33 PM

I appreciate you posting the results. Never mind jackasses making ignorant comments when you were upfront and honest about the results. "I bet this guy works for edelbrock." Yeah, Edelbrock has spies coming in here and making a post about a 5rwhp gain on a $400product.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:38 PM

Yeah man, thanks for sharing. Some people are just waiting to yell at someone. So, nevermind them. Although, he did appologize, so that is good.
We appreciate the sharing, and you were HONEST, and that is what counts. So, again, thanks!
Old 04-29-2007, 06:44 PM

I see nothing wrong here.... Poster is upfront on his findings... Good for you and thanks for the info..... 5 hp gain is better than no gain at all......

I am sure in the near future, we will get more dyno results....
Old 04-29-2007, 06:53 PM

Interesting. The results seem to show that the Edelbrock piece is certainly not worth the cash, as everyone expected. What would be interesting to see would be a ported GM manifold vs a ported Edelbrock manifold. That will be the final word on whether their added cost is worth the gain. All IMHO of course.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:49 PM

Honestly, the overall results weren't impressive but it may be good to note that the power did not fall over the course of the 3 dyno runs. Do the LT1 cars have heat soak issues on the dyno or is it more an issue running a full quarter mile?

-Brian

Quick Reply: Edelbrock LT1 Air-Gap Intake results!