LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Dreaded 043 Code

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 07:16 PM

Dreaded 043 Code

Hi Guys haven't been on the forum for a while. But I need some help. Well I finally got my 396 installed and running , but now I have the dreaded 043 code.Can't figure it out.Changed the knock sensor opti is new coil is new wires are new. Any way spoke to the engine builder and he told me that it may be a little noisy due to the 6 inch rods and the diamond pistons.I beleive him but that doesnt help me get the car running good. So Im wondering have any of you guys had this issue before and if so what did you do to remedy the problem. Or should I have the knock sensor disabled. Tell me what you think. It's appreciated.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:16 PM

Re: Dreaded 043 Code

So, what is this 396 in??? Guessing pre-96 something because of the 43 code. 43 is for a circuit fault. Did you do any testing before replacing the sensor?
Old 10-27-2016, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Re: Dreaded 043 Code

If some component of the engine was "a little noisy", the worst that could happen is you get knock retard. The DTC is telling you there is a problem with the electrical circuit (as pointed out above). It's not telling you that the sensor has picked up "a little noise". That's what the knock sensor is supposed to do. In that event you might want to try and find an LT4 knock module (assuming we aren't talking about a 93) which is getting difficult to find and very expensive if you do. Or simply have the sensor response parameters modified in the tune, or in the extreme, tuned out.

Test first, replace parts only if indicated by the results of the test.