LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

D'oh!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 12:57 PM

Angry D'oh!

Someone on our local f-body list posted this link. Apparently someone in San Diego barbecued his car after something broke. Certainly sad to see a nice car go up in flames.

Yeah, here's the link, it's on his own website:
http://drugg.net/bird_roast.htm
Old 06-24-2003, 01:09 PM

Aye, this was posted a little bit ago I believe. It's a shame; I'd be pouring tears if that was mine. But at least the driver wasn't trapped in there or anything. It certainly could have been worse.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:18 PM

You know, that is a sad sight to see. But I couldn't help but wonder, while I was scrolling down the page viewing the pics, Where in the hell is the FD?! I mean the car literally melted away before the FD even got there. Didn't the track have firetrucks on standby? Even when they finally showed up the car was gone. Probably would have went out on it's own in a few minutes.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:59 PM

Once it starts to burn that bad, you might as well let it go. There will be little to salvage.

You know it's a bad day when it takes a fork lift to put your car on a flatbed.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:32 PM

Originally posted by Bralgar
You know, that is a sad sight to see. But I couldn't help but wonder, while I was scrolling down the page viewing the pics, Where in the hell is the FD?! I mean the car literally melted away before the FD even got there. Didn't the track have firetrucks on standby? Even when they finally showed up the car was gone. Probably would have went out on it's own in a few minutes.
I was thinking the same thing, Don't they need a fire truck on standby? I smell a lawsuit
Old 06-24-2003, 02:41 PM

damn looked fast too
Old 06-24-2003, 03:17 PM

We've been discussing this on our local list, and someone noticed that this track is on Native American land, where those same govt guidelines don't have to be enforced. I'd be in tears too.