LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Disappointed with PCMFORLESS

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 04:25 PM

Disappointed with PCMFORLESS

I ordered a mail order tune through Bryan at PCMFORLESS. First tune I got, was great. We started doing minor changes to the file, (fueling). No problems.

When everything started going bad:

Car started doing something really wierd. The o2 millivolts would drop really low on one side, and stay about right on the other. I tried a new o2, nothing. I swapped o2's from side to side, and the problem followed the sensor. I put two new sensors in the car, and problem still occured. I looked for exhaust leaks everywhere, none were present. I decided to put the car into open loop until the problem was solved. After driving the car for a few months tuned in open loop, I plugged my scanner yesterday, and the problem has seemed to fix itself. Now when I go ahead and upload the file Bryan sent me, the o2 millivolt split comes back. OBVIOUSLY its something in the tune. I have called Bryan several times, and E-mailed him as well, and I get the same BS response : I dont know without having the car in front of me. (In a rushed attitude, forcing me to end the call). I understand your busy, but that is no way to treat your customers.

I understand that statement if it were a Mechanical problem, but its not. He gives me no advice whatso ever, although its the tune that is causing this. I called Ion (Madz28) and he spent like 20 minuted talking to me about advice, and what to look for in the file, without dropping a dime with him.

Bryan, your customer service needs a lot of work, in my opinion. Be careful and chose wisely potential friends who need a tune..
Old 03-08-2006, 05:23 PM

Re: Disappointed with PCMFORLESS

ion helped me out a lot, i kept calling him and asking him questions about mine, even though the problems kept turning out to be my car and he always knew what to check. i certainly will be talking to him very soon again for a new tune
Old 03-08-2006, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Deenasty
I ordered a mail order tune through Bryan at PCMFORLESS. First tune I got, was great. We started doing minor changes to the file, (fueling). No problems.

. I called Ion (Madz28) and he spent like 20 minuted talking to me about advice, and what to look for in the file, without dropping a dime with him.

Bryan, your customer service needs a lot of work, in my opinion. Be careful and chose wisely potential friends who need a tune..

Do you still have the problems? have you sent a log of the problem to Bryan?
This doesnt sound like the Byran I have worked with. People do have Bad days

Steve
Old 03-08-2006, 06:16 PM

Wrong Forum
Old 03-08-2006, 06:36 PM

I have sent logs, get the same response "I dont know without having the car"
Old 03-08-2006, 06:42 PM

That sucks that you are having a problem with him. I know that his customer service with me was more than top notch. He even answered my phone call at 8pm on a friday (i thought he was on the west coast but he's on the east coast). Hope you get everything worked out.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:48 PM

I understand your upset you cannot find the problem with your car but I'll assure you and I'm sure Ion will also that a split BLM problem is not a tune problem. You can do things in a tune to get rid of some split blm problems that come about due to cam overlap but you cannot control if a O2 sensor reads or not. You said earlier in your post that you swapped the o2 from one side to the other and the problem followed the sensor.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Deenasty

When everything started going bad:

Car started doing something really wierd. The o2 millivolts would drop really low on one side, and stay about right on the other. I tried a new o2, nothing. I swapped o2's from side to side, and the problem followed the sensor. I put two new sensors in the car, and problem still occured. I looked for exhaust leaks everywhere, none were present.
Further, Tunes don't change unless parts change. If everything was going good then one day the car went to driving like crap thats a indication that something broke, burnt out, or just flat out went bad.

I can respect your decision to disagree with Bryan and I and our professional advice.. But I do not respect your decision to make a public post bashing us because you don't agree with what we are saying.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:06 PM

Alvin, I completely agree with what your saying. After I swapped the o2 out for new ones, the problem still existed, all starting after a tune. Now im not bashing you guys, the problem is with Bryan, simply not helping besides "I dont know, the car isnt here."
Old 03-08-2006, 07:17 PM

Get on the phone or email him. I know he will do what he can. Things get complicated while talking in a forum.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:18 PM

..damn
Old 03-08-2006, 07:19 PM

I have spoke to him. This has all been through the phone..
Old 03-08-2006, 07:27 PM

IMO the customer service of Pcmforless.com is nothing less than awesome. I contacted them several times with questions about what would be best for my car. They ended up tuning my car for an cam/heads package and it was spot on. Nothing short of incredible for a mail order tune.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:32 PM

How did you send logs through the phone? All through the phone? Or phone and email.......

I think for no more than Brian makes off us us he has been very helpful. He has answered many phone calls, got my pcm back to me really quick when I fried it with a bad flash.

Sharing a bad experience helps other people to make decisions on their purchases, however public bashing is just wrong.

To be fair though, lately he sounds way over worked. Poor guy needs more help or something.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:35 PM

exactly my point. At the beginning everything was awesome. Send him a log, 30 minutes later, I had my new file. It progressively got bad, till the point of no help, or reccomendations. If he was so confident it wasnt the tune that was the problem, he could have said "check for this, check for that" not just "I dont know the car aint here." Yes the logs were e-mailed..

Quick Reply: Disappointed with PCMFORLESS