LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Could this finally fix my problem???

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 11:15 AM

Could this finally fix my problem???

For Months now ive been trying to search down the little gremlin that has been steadily been robbing me of my power...I went from a 94 Z28 that ripped apart the tires with no problem to a 94 z28 that wont even get 'em goin in a power brake!!! So I opened the hood one night and thought i saw a blue light, then it went away....so a few weeks go by and i go under the hood again and once again a blue light flickers but goes away...so i am gettin angry cause i think i am going crazy, I reach over and press down as hard I could on the throttle body and revved it out and there it was to my dismay...The fourth of July!!! Arcing spark from the coil to the opti! at idle it doesnt do it but as soon as the throttle is blipped...there it is! SO....

**The Solution**
Brand New Taylor wires-Ordered
Mac Shortie Headers-contemplating-
New Plugs-A definite
Tune the PCM- YEA!
Gut the cat-defintite

But my question is...i want to go to the shortie headers...because i want to be able to get to my plugs and dont wanna have to redo the exhaust system...are the Mac's good? they are decently priced and getting rid of those manifolds will be good. Are the Mac's hard to put in? How good are their plug clearance? Do Mac Y pipes fit well also? Also Is there a header out there that will bolt up to the stock y pipe?

Thanks so much!
Jon
Old 09-13-2004, 11:21 AM
WOT

Re: Could this finally fix my problem???

If it arced right out of your coil...then your coil is probably damaged too.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:24 AM

I run the mac headers and Y pipe. they sure werent easy to put in but its not to hard, 6-8 hour job.... the plug access is not bad at all. in fact 6 of them are easy as hell, 2 are still tough though. I Ran 13.56 with them CAI and B&B Triflo catback on a otherwise bone stock car. I think the headers helped that alot.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:05 PM

I have access to a lift so id imagine that could potentially make it alot easier...wow you went 13.5 i mean my goal for the car is 13.5 and thats it....i have cat back, lt4km,msd coil, and cai...so maybe with the headers, PCM tune, and a gutted cat that could be possible. Is your car a M6 or A4? what kind of tires? I love those B&B catbacks...they are amazing sounding!!! Its not coming directly out of the coil...i guess i should have made that a little clearer sorry, its coming out of the connection on the wire! Thanks alot!