LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Can hydra rev be installed wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 04:19 AM

Exclamation Can hydra rev be installed wrong?

I've got a serious problem that needs answering. Currently my engine was rebuilt but I'm encountering serious valvetrain noise.
Rockers have been adjusted correctly but I'm still getting chattering clack type sound coming from w/in the intake. VERY loud and sounds like it's traveling through the headers as well. Constant w/ rpm the faster the louder.

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR THE HYDRA REV TO BE INSTALLED INCORRECTLY? What was all done to the rebuild just in case someone needs more detailed info.

1 Head rewelded 2 heads shaved. 4 new valves installed, new rings, pistons, bearings and gaskets. This a 396. Before the engine was sabatoged it was smoothe as a kitten. No valvetrain or injector noise at all. I'm at wits end and need some type of advice as to what the problem could be. Apologize for the length but this is serious and my friend and I are stumped.

No I'm taking it back to them to fix because they're nuckin idiots! They got the short block right and everything else is fine except the problem and the tach bouncing all over the place.

Thanks!!!
Old 10-03-2003, 12:03 PM

Pulled the intake of it's on correctly so that's good. What happens if you have the wrong spark plugs in there. Could that cause the types of sounds I'm hearing. Sounds like a old engine w/ sticker lifters or something. Lifters are new. I run tr55 plugs but that's not what's on there. Looks like a german spark plug and don't know the heat range on it. So if the heat range is all wrong could that be a source? Anyone else have a similar situation all because of spark plugs perhaps?