LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

budget LT ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 05:56 PM

budget LT ??

right now im lookin at just getting a set of the cheap pacesetter LT's and just sticken some bullit muffs on the ends of em and callin it a day but my questions are
1 EGR yes or no? i dont have to pass any emmisions test so all is good
2if no on the egr is it possible to get the block off plates on the back of the intake while its still in the car.
3 also if i delete egr will i NEED a tune ore will i just get a light and have to live with it
4 how do ya think this would sound?

well thanks for replies in advance
Old 11-16-2004, 06:12 PM

Re: budget LT ??

1: No emissions, no need for EGR. No need for AIR either while your at it.
2: Yes it is possible. Kinda a PITA cause they're hard to see, but it's still quite easy.
3: No you don't need a tune, but you will have an SES light if you don't. If you can live with it, you'll be fine. Any mail order tuner can delete both EGR and AIR out of the PCM so you have no light. You will also see a benefit of a few more ponies with one so you might want to consider it anyway.
4: It's gonna sound mean as all hell. Possibly way too much for daily driving. If you have sound ordinances in your area you'll probably be breaking them at idle. If anything, if you want bullits atleast do true duals so you can put the dumps back somewhere around the rear axle and help with the sound somewhat. It'll still sound incredibly mean, but won't be so overbearing in the cabin. Carrying on a conversation with either the setup you mentioned or the one I mentioned is gonna be entertaining to say the least.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:39 PM

Re: budget LT ??

yeah i think im gonna buy a cable and then get the pcmforless emailorder tune type thing but
anyone have any suggestions on a muffler that will kinda quiet it down a little but is still as compact as the bullit or any of the wall suggestions like the cones that go in the collectors ore anything like that
as for dump in it later i might do it later but im just gonna throw some turn downs on after the muffs and be done (cause im lazy and its frigeen cold outside LOL)
but any other suggestions?

I was thinkin about throwin an hpipe on after the mufflers and what do you think about getting some longer glasspacks would that quiet it down some??

Last edited by FryedClutch; 11-16-2004 at 08:58 PM.