LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Best place to buy GM opti

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 01:55 PM
BTC

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY: Dalton, GA: Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
I think GM did implement a core charge on Opti's within the last year, or so. The last time I priced an opti with Jason, there was a core charge. The first time I priced an opti with him, there was not. I'm not sure how thepartsladi gets around it, but I'm not sure how all of those charges work anyway.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:58 PM

With this opti do i need to take it apart and lock tight (sp?) some screws or anything?
Old 02-19-2009, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by 94YellowTAGT
With this opti do i need to take it apart and lock tight (sp?) some screws or anything?
Yes, you should take the cap off and put loctite on the rotor screws.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by 2QUIK6
...actually no, I've never been asked for a core ( talk about confusion and knowing what you're talking about!) from Jason as they sell only new OEM optis, not rebuilt ones, which is why you would be required to send a core.
LOL, you're making me embarrassed for you, man. If you haven't talked to Jason in the past year, you are out of the Optispark loop. I talked to him back in August, and there was a core. I asked him about it, and he said it's something they just started doing recently (at that time). I think it was $50 or $75. Also, his opti was a lot pricier than thepartsladi opti (my out the door price was over $400).

I'm not saying anything bad about Jason Cromer, he did a great thing helping a lot of guys save money on Opti's over the years, but there's a new game in town, and he's selling the same OEM part BRAND NEW for less money and NO CORE charge.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:14 PM

What about ignition_dk on ebay. Anyone had experience with those optis?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...AVRI&viewitem=
Old 02-19-2009, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by raroz28
LOL, you're making me embarrassed for you, man. If you haven't talked to Jason in the past year, you are out of the Optispark loop. I talked to him back in August, and there was a core. I asked him about it, and he said it's something they just started doing recently (at that time). I think it was $50 or $75. Also, his opti was a lot pricier than thepartsladi opti (my out the door price was over $400).

I'm not saying anything bad about Jason Cromer, he did a great thing helping a lot of guys save money on Opti's over the years, but there's a new game in town, and he's selling the same OEM part BRAND NEW for less money and NO CORE charge.
That may be, was last summer when I bought a few before the price jump happened. But, I looked up thepartsladi's items on ebay and those optis have a black front on them just the same as the all_ignition crap stuff has.. The real GM ones have a tan front unless that is something that has changed recently too. Looks like all of the black front ones I find from various sellers are cheaper and all of the tan fronts ones at GMPP, ScogginD, Summit are about $75-$100 more so you tell me which is which...
I'm sure thepartsladi buys a higher volume of parts from Delphi than GM so she can give better pricing than GM wholesale on genuin GM parts
But then the link above has a tan front ones it appears at least in the pic for $90 new.....so who knows, buyer beware when the price is too good to be true, The Chinese make great immitation items....

Last edited by 2QUIK6; 02-19-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:41 PM

But, I looked up thepartsladi's items on ebay and those optis have a black front on them just the same as the all_ignition crap stuff has.. The real GM ones have a tan front unless that is something that has changed recently too.

But then the link above has a tan front ones it appears at least in the pic for $90 new.....so who knows, buyer beware when the price is too good to be true, The Chinese make great immitation items....
Are you being serious right now man? Just admit you are wrong (you don't have to do it outloud on the forum) and stop trying to scare people into thinking they're going to get some chinese imitation opti from thepartsladi. It is the best place to get a genuine OEM opti, period. This is a proven fact. It is NOT a chinese imitation, or a cheap reman'd unit.

You bring up the colors, then you go onto say that the $90 knockoff is yellow "so who knows?" Dude, obviously the color doesn't matter.

I will say it again. It is a BRAND NEW in the BOX FROM DELPHI OEM LT1 Distributor. Period.

I don't know what satisfaction you will get in these hard times when somebody is trying to get their car back on the road, and you refer them to a place that will charge them an extra $100 for the same opti, then have to ship their core in.

Why are you spreading buyer beware when you have not bought from the ebay dealer?

The fact is people know what they're getting when they order from thepartsladi, contrary to what you're saying. There was a time when people were skeptical (hell I know I was, that's why I called Jason over the summer). I didn't even pull the trigger until a month ago when it was very clear that he had earned a great reputation as a brand new OEM opti dealer.

Last edited by raroz28; 02-19-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by jtarp

I can't say anything bad about it, but I will say that I wouldn't go with a reman'd or knockoff company for this part.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:05 PM

+1 for thepartsladi

Fast shipping, runs great.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:05 PM
BTC

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY: Dalton, GA: Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA

I haven't had any personal experience with them, but for 89.99 I would expect it to fire at least a couple of the cylinders on a pretty consistent basis. On a positive note, at least the vendor isn't trying to pass it off as an authentic Delco/Delphi distributor.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by raroz28
Are you being serious right now man? Just admit you are wrong (you don't have to do it outloud on the forum) and stop trying to scare people into thinking they're going to get some chinese imitation opti from thepartsladi.
Hey great if there is another source for GM optis other than Jason. At the time of the posting there was only yourself saying get it from thepartsladi.
I have some spares already, so sorry if I don't have time to keep up on all the latest opti news even when I don't need one.
I never said thepartsladi sold immitations, only to beware of ebay sellers selling this at too good to be true prices. I've had no experience with thepartsladi. I have had experience with other ebay sellers that sell things at discount prices, all_ignition being one of several and they were all crap. I know what I'm getting from Jason and know that I won't be taking the item back off once installed.
So cheers to having another good source so hopefully more than 2 chime in saying good things about them.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:47 PM

So cheers to having another good source so hopefully more than 2 chime in saying good things about them.
It isn't just 2. Do a search on thepartsladi. You will see that many people are using it. Hell, even one of the most respected gearheads in the community, Injuneer, will refer people to thepartsladi. If you don't want to take my word, and you'd rather just keep going back and forth, maybe you'll take his.

And if you aren't keeping up on opti news, then you really have no merit in this thread to argue facts like Jason Cromer and other GM dealers are now implementing core charges.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:57 PM

All you have to do is search for "thepartsladi" to know the score.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:30 AM

FYI when I ordered a Delphi opti from my parts house at my shop it had the extremely dark brown(almost black) cap as well. Genuine Delphi from a Delphi dealer.

And yes wholesalers can sell stuff cheaper than a wholesale GM dealer any day of the week, especially if they are selling Delphi or any other OE supplier. I would say Delco only manufactures about a quarter of what they sell. The rest is made by Bosch, Delphi, Bendix, etc. An ebay wholesaler buys directly from the supplier and sells. Gm buys it from the supplier, rebrands it, and then sells it. They also have to pay for a physical store, employees, advertising, etc. Thepartsladi has a Wal-mart business with higher volume less profit. The dealer just wants you to drop the soap.

Only reason everyone is defensive is because that seller has done a great service to all of us avoiding paying insane GM costs. People would be upset if you slammed any person with a good rep on this site. My opinion is don't slam unless you have personal experience.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:09 AM
BTC

It's not the same seller, but the pricing, and more than likely the product, is similar. Randomly firing a couple of cylinders may have been an overestimation.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt...need-opti.html

Quick Reply: Best place to buy GM opti