LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Anyone ordered form racenet.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 01:43 PM

Another vote for http://www.thunderracing.com ... always had fast service and good service.... Racenet is within driving range for me, and I still prefer to order from Thunder.

-Michael
Old 01-20-2004, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Damn, this is really shocking. I've heard of these bad dealings before but everytime this is brought up there are more??? I used to order from them back in the day when Dennis (owner I believe) would answer the phone and take your order. Everything was great and they were one of the top vendors to order from. What happened? Does anybody know? Did Dennis sell or get uninvolved or what? Just curious as to why such the big change in how the business is run.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:57 PM

I ordered the cam package and some other things. I ordered nov. 13th recieved 3 days before xmas. Everytime I called they told me it was either on the way or they were missing one of the parts. Most of the time they blammed it on comp. But how hard is it to get a hold of a cam everyone uses. Not only that they sent me dual springs which will not work with stock heads unless you get it machined. Basically I will most likely never order from them again because i can get all my parts from my friends shops for the same if not better price.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:11 PM

Originally posted by Brent94Z
Damn, this is really shocking. I've heard of these bad dealings before but everytime this is brought up there are more??? I used to order from them back in the day when Dennis (owner I believe) would answer the phone and take your order. Everything was great and they were one of the top vendors to order from. What happened? Does anybody know? Did Dennis sell or get uninvolved or what? Just curious as to why such the big change in how the business is run.
I'm with Brent. I used to order from them all the time when Dennis was around, and never had the slightest complaint. I ordered a few small parts recently, and it took way too long to receive them (some gaskets, etc in about a month) - but I got them. Personally I've seen no signs of dishonesty, but does anyone know what happened? They used to be one of the best.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:15 PM

Ask them, they are a member on here.

I just ordered some stuff from them this weekend, springs/hardware, well see when i get them
Old 01-20-2004, 08:00 PM

i ordered some susp parts from racenet.net

it was good
Old 01-20-2004, 08:23 PM

They suck. With me at least. About a year and a half ago, I ordered Taylor Wires and NGK plugs from them. 2 weeks go by, hadn't heard anything, no confirmation E-mail, no nothing. I emailed them numerous times, no response. I finally got fed up and told them to cancel the order and if any charges were on my CC that I'd be disputing them. Kept a close eye on my CC statement, luckily I never got billed.

They will never be seeing a dime of my money. TByrne and Thunderracing only for me.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:29 PM

Back when I had my 93 Z I ordered almost everything I got for it from them. I havent bought anything from them in a long time, but a friend of mine w/a ten sec. Camaro stays in close contact w/them so I'm sure I will still order from them for my Formula.