LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Anyone here know how to fix the turn signal relay?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 03:40 PM

Exclamation Anyone here know how to fix the turn signal relay?

I think I have finally narrowd down the problem with my brake light issues. It all started out with my left blinker suddenly stopped working as it will display solid lights when turned on. Soon after my left rear brake lights did the same think and when I checked to see if the hazard lights were doing it too same thing!!!

I changed the bulbs on the rear brake lights, front turn left signal bulb and the same thing. However, the right turn signal works just fine so I'm thinking it has to be the relay box for the left turn signal??? Has anyone here ever had to change out their turn relay box? I looked at the chiltons and couldnt really understand the location of it as it states it is behing the knee box???

I'm hoping someone here can chime in and help me figure this out and if you know where to get the part as well or the part# that'll be great.

Thanks.
Old 03-19-2004, 03:55 PM

It's not a "relay" it's a Blinker.... it's beneath your right knee when you're sitting in the car, you have to take that trim panel off, and it's clipped to one of the metal dash frame members.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:31 PM

Find flasher, unplug, plug-in new flasher, test, put stuff back.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:01 PM

Thanks fellas.

But, Shoebox Is the flasher on your diagram for both sides? The right blinker functions fine it's the left blinker that stays solid even after I've changed out the bulb.

Anyone know if the flasher relay part is readily available at one of the part stores such as Kragen, Autozone, or Pepboys? Can someone tell me the part #?

Thanks.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:33 PM

Originally posted by Z_Maniac
Thanks fellas.

But, Shoebox Is the flasher on your diagram for both sides? The right blinker functions fine it's the left blinker that stays solid even after I've changed out the bulb.

Anyone know if the flasher relay part is readily available at one of the part stores such as Kragen, Autozone, or Pepboys? Can someone tell me the part #?

Thanks.
I don't have the flasher number off hand, but any auto parts store will have one. If you pull yours off, it wil have the number stamped on it. The one flasher is used for both sides.

You say "the bulb". Make sure you have checked all turn signal bulbs front and back on the side that is not flashing.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:53 PM

Question Re: Anyone here know how to fix the turn signal relay?

Hey Z maniac,

I just bought a 97 z and I have the same problem as u. Left signal used to come on and not blink and the brake light on the same side wasnt workin. I replaced the bulbs and flasher and now the back left signal wont light up but the front one flashes. The brake light wont work either. The tail lights work untill u depress the brake pedel then the tail light on that side goes out . Just wanted to know if u figured out what ur problem was.

any info would be appreciated!