LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Anyone have Experience with accel DFI??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 10:43 PM

Anyone have Experience with accel DFI??

Just as the title says. I am curious if anyone has any experience with running the Accel DFI on their LT1.I am a student at UTI in Phoenix and am in the Hot Rod U portion of class.I chose to work on a 89 IROC vert that has a LT1 transplanted into it. I am looking for some tips for programming this unit.There is a baseline program put into but we are allowed to explore to up the level of performance from the car.they will give us a little info on how to do this,but from what a few of my friends have said none of the teachers are that good with it.It is a relatively new car from what I understand.I want to make this car run as best as I can.So does anyone have any tips for me?? Thanks in advance.

James
Old 03-18-2003, 02:59 PM
num

Re: Anyone have Experience with accel DFI??

I have a stock `95 Z28 LT1 transplanted into a jaguar. I have the gen6 Accel DFI. The gen6 and the gen7 are the only DFI's that are really availible. They are very different when it comes to configuration. I've gotten a lot of help from forums getting a base-line to work from with my gen6 and I would be more than happy to help out, but I have no experience with the gen7 DFIs. The best place to start is reading this document: http://numb.voxel.net/calmap/files/EMIC.pdf

I have a few things up on http://numb.voxel.net/calmap
concerning my setup.

read that EMIC manual, has a load of good DFI/EFI information.

Good luck!

Originally posted by 91 Redd Sledd
Just as the title says. I am curious if anyone has any experience with running the Accel DFI on their LT1.I am a student at UTI in Phoenix and am in the Hot Rod U portion of class.I chose to work on a 89 IROC vert that has a LT1 transplanted into it. I am looking for some tips for programming this unit.There is a baseline program put into but we are allowed to explore to up the level of performance from the car.they will give us a little info on how to do this,but from what a few of my friends have said none of the teachers are that good with it.It is a relatively new car from what I understand.I want to make this car run as best as I can.So does anyone have any tips for me?? Thanks in advance.

James
Old 03-18-2003, 03:02 PM

Thanks alot. I have to leave for school now so I will check it out tonight when I get home.

James