LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Anyone Familiar w/ 42# SVO Injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 11:18 AM

Anyone Familiar w/ 42# SVO Injectors?

Is anyone here familiar at all with 42# SVO injectors? I bought a set of injectors from someone on the net and I am having some issues with them.

I had some people trying to help me diagnose my problem the other day, I told them what injectors I had and they said they didn't think they were 42# SVO's.

Is there any way to tell by looking at them if they are indeed 42# SVO injectors? Top color? Part number stamps? Etc. etc.

The guy I bought them off of says they came off a Ford Lightning Prototype truck. I guess he does dyno testing for Ford's Lightning projects and these are just the test injectors. He said they use them for a few pulls then sell em'. I hope he's right and my problem is elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-15-2003, 11:57 AM

The 42lb SVO injectors should have a black body with lime green tops on them. I ran a set of them in my 86GN and I also just purchased a set for my 383 buildup. If you can, post the numbers off the top of them and I'll compare them to the ones I have at home when I get out of work tonight. Who did you buy these from? I'm curious as I got the same story from the guy I bought mine from...

-Rob
Old 05-15-2003, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by R_Andersen
The 42lb SVO injectors should have a black body with lime green tops on them. I ran a set of them in my 86GN and I also just purchased a set for my 383 buildup. If you can, post the numbers off the top of them and I'll compare them to the ones I have at home when I get out of work tonight. Who did you buy these from? I'm curious as I got the same story from the guy I bought mine from...

-Rob
I don't think the guy was pulling my chain then cause the ones I have, have the lime green top too. However, I have one that is sticking open and don't know what to do about it since I've lost all his contact info.

If you could, do me a favor and email me the info. you have on this guy (email address, shop name etc.) so I can contact him directly. (providing it's the same guy and I'll know if it si by the email addy or shop name) I just don't want to embarrass him on the message board if it's not his fault, I just want a working injector. My email addy is blkhawk303@yahoo.com

I'll email you back with the numbers off the top when I get out to my car today.

Thanks!!