Old 11-06-2006, 11:30 AM

Congrats on the #'s that car should fly
Old 11-06-2006, 11:54 AM

Nice job.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:06 PM

All I can say is, I WANT ONE.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
Well here's my question: How's the driveability??? Just an overall rundown would be nice. I've got a car that's starting to get old and will need a motor in the next year or so probably (the purple T/A) and am starting to explore options.
It drives very nice. It is actually nicer than my old HR was, but that could have bin in the tune at the time. It has major torque, and with the steep gear there isn't a spot on the tach you can't hit in what seems like an instant. I am going to have to take some more video of it cruzing around, hopefully it will give you a better idea.
The only thing I can say is a drawback at this point is the horrific fuel mileage @ WOT. Part throttle & just street cruzing arround it's big SUVish on milage, probably in the mid to low teens (I have not run a full tank on the highway yet so I don't really know what it will get) . On the other hand, at WOT it's more like 6-7mpg. Listen to me complain about fuel economy , I almost sound like the ricer kids . It's just the nature of the beast, and a price I am more than willing to pay for a ride as crazy as that one.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:04 PM

Those are impresive # for a 355. Ai has with out a question the best LT1 cast heads out there if he can do it with that head just thing what he can do with a good head. There is another guy I know of that runs the same head on his LT1 and that is Dragbear. He also has the stock intake. Last I heard he was making over 500hp at the wheels with an automatic and a high stall 8" converter. I am sure the converter itself is costing him an easy 35hp on the dyno. I havn't seen 1 post of anyone even coming close the hp from AI heads.
If you need track proof just look at Dragbears car. Ran 9s on these street heads. 3470lb automatic car ran 9s n/a on street heads!!!
If there is something beter out there we want to know about!

Any one get any feed back on the GMHTP shoot out? StrokerAce I herd you were there with Ed . Dragbear was there how did his car run with Ai's heads. Im sure you must of checked out all the cars.

Come on guys I need information on the best parts out there for my new 383LT1.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:16 PM

very nice #s
Old 11-06-2006, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by LT1Max
Ai has with out a question the best LT1 cast heads out there if he can do it with that head just thing what he can do with a good head.
I totaly agree. That's why they are in charge of creating my aftermarket blocked, Brodix 18 degree headed turbo engine. It's going to take some time to get that thing ready. Thankfully, I have 80% of the parts locked in my war room. I figure I need another 10K to get it on the road... so in the mean time I guess this will have to do .
Abare is a hard hittn' guy . While I do admire his speed and consistancy , I wasn't looking for that in this set up. My car is a street racer & cruzer first and an average drag car at best. Don't get me wrong I still want good times out of it. It's just that I only get to the track a couple of times a year, so only focusing on that aspect seems a bit silly. If I loose a 1/4 mile by .4, but out mph the guy by 5 I won't have a bad day .
NOTE: Not using Abare as an example, he would drag my *** wire to wire.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by 526 SS 96

Thanks! I just read the thread where you mentioned your cam. I can't imagine what this would be like with another 20deg of cam and the powerband shifted up that high. I bought a F.A.S.T. system for my long-term turbo-motor project I am trying to work on this winter and I may go ahead and get it into the car early. The cam is supposed to peak at 6800-7000, but Phil says it wont be down much at 7500 and can safely turn 7700 if I want. May also help to tune it while we run it at the track, but I dont know if I can make it before they close for the winter.

Your going in teh same route as me. I know the cam (like yours) will want to pull way over 7000 rpm. But I am going to use that as a starting point. I plan to go with a F.A.S.T. or DFI system in the future. Like you my cam will not drop power up at 7500 much and I could easily run it there if I want. I would start worring about the bottom end at 8g's though. Its built up ok, but I dont want to abuse it on a regular basis at 8400 rpm... Taming it down to 7000 will really help with the reliability.

Again, car sounds great and I can only hope mine turns out as well as yours.

BTW, let me know how the 4.56's and 28's are. I have 4.10's in my stock 10 bolt that I am going to try out first. Hopefully it will hold together for a few passes so I can make a good judgement on gears for the 12 bolt. I have that sitting on the floor waiting for a rebuild. I also only have 27" Hoosiers... I will probably go with 28's too eventually. Just depends on if it hooks
Old 11-07-2006, 12:04 AM

Outstanding numbers, congrats!

What lifters did you use? Does your tune completely disable the knock sensor? If not, how did you get around false knock? Just curious as this was one of the reasons I had decided against a solid roller in the past.

Anyway, very nicely done.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:34 AM

Alec,

Sorry I had to bail to Puerto Rico, well not sorry really, but they had cars to tune, tracks to visit and rum to drink! (It was a very fun trip, those dudes are car crazy!!)

I know there's more in it, tuning via cell phone isn't ideal but it's always kinda fun.

Bring that sucker down on your way to Charlotte and we'll finish it up!

And Jason, fishing? hmmmmm... :-)

take it easy gang,
-jeff
Old 11-07-2006, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by 526 SS 96
It drives very nice. It is actually nicer than my old HR was, but that could have bin in the tune at the time. It has major torque, and with the steep gear there isn't a spot on the tach you can't hit in what seems like an instant. I am going to have to take some more video of it cruzing around, hopefully it will give you a better idea.
The only thing I can say is a drawback at this point is the horrific fuel mileage @ WOT. Part throttle & just street cruzing arround it's big SUVish on milage, probably in the mid to low teens (I have not run a full tank on the highway yet so I don't really know what it will get) . On the other hand, at WOT it's more like 6-7mpg. Listen to me complain about fuel economy , I almost sound like the ricer kids . It's just the nature of the beast, and a price I am more than willing to pay for a ride as crazy as that one.
Shoot Ron my email if ya can since I dont know his. Thanks.

jrbellas95z28@yahoo.com

Jon
Old 11-07-2006, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Shoot Ron my email if ya can since I dont know his. Thanks.

jrbellas95z28@yahoo.com

Jon
it's all right here: http://www.advancedinduction.com/AiContact.html
Old 11-07-2006, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by LT1Max
Those are impresive # for a 355. Ai has with out a question the best LT1 cast heads out there if he can do it with that head just thing what he can do with a good head. There is another guy I know of that runs the same head on his LT1 and that is Dragbear. He also has the stock intake. Last I heard he was making over 500hp at the wheels with an automatic and a high stall 8" converter. I am sure the converter itself is costing him an easy 35hp on the dyno. I havn't seen 1 post of anyone even coming close the hp from AI heads.
If you need track proof just look at Dragbears car. Ran 9s on these street heads. 3470lb automatic car ran 9s n/a on street heads!!!
If there is something beter out there we want to know about!

Any one get any feed back on the GMHTP shoot out? StrokerAce I herd you were there with Ed . Dragbear was there how did his car run with Ai's heads. Im sure you must of checked out all the cars.

Come on guys I need information on the best parts out there for my new 383LT1.
Great first post, tool.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
WOOT WOOT!!! Free set of heads!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by RealQuick
WOOT WOOT!!! Free set of heads!!!
How did you manage that?

Quick Reply: AI 200cc H/C dyno #'s & video