LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Aeromotive FPR GM-LT1 part numbers

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2024, 11:18 AM

Aeromotive FPR GM-LT1 part numbers

Good Afternoon,

I recently had a leaky FPR and had a difficult time finding the o-rings for the FPR so I wanted to pass on these p/n's from Aeromotive Tech Support since they do not supply them or come in the rebuild kit.

I am not sure which o-ring went where but they are very different in size so I visually matched them with no problem.

Parker 2-112 (qty 1) ID=0.487 inch W=0.103 inch
Parker 3-906 (qty 2) SAE ORB-6
Parker 2-109 (qty1) ID=0.299 inch W=0.103 inch

I went to my local hydraulic shop and they matched up the actual sizes since they do not stock Parker. All of these are Nitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR, XNBR).

Rebuild kit Aeromotive P/N 13003 (diaphragm and 4 machine screws)

Hope this helps,

Troy
Old 02-23-2024, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Re: Aeromotive FPR GM-LT1 part numbers

Is the leak the only problem you have hade with the Aeromotive AFPR? Based on the issues I've seen discussed over the 25+ years I've been on this site, with the Aeromotive LT1 AFPR, I've recommended avoiding them. Aeromotive got so upset they sent one of their techs here to troll me.
Old 02-23-2024, 06:25 PM

I am one who bought a Aeromotive FPR. DOA and Aeromotive would not warranty it. The Borg Warner, adjustable, I bought has been perfect for 18 years now and is sized like stock FPR.

I am not the only one to have direct experience with the LT1 version and know several who have had problems with their FPR or pumps for other applications. YMMV
Old 02-27-2024, 03:58 PM

It was hard to see the exact spot but after removing it, it appeared to be the o-ring that pushes into the fuel rail. It was dry and flat. This is not my DD and, hate to admit, it sits more than it should. I believe its been installed on the car since 2009.

I saw the posts about the Aeromotive FPR being junk but only after I searched it the other day looking for part numbers. It seems to be a very simple piece, what exactly is it that breaks?
Old 02-27-2024, 05:09 PM
Administrator

It stops controlling the pressure - might shoot up to 80 PSI, might just vary all over the place. The company's original excuse 20+ years ago was they failed to update the internal materials to reflect the changes in gasoline formulation (ethanol?). But that was long ago, and the problems never seemed to go away. Aeromotive makes some excellent fuel handling products. But they just can’t seem to get the LT1 AFPR completely right. And yes, not all of them fail.

Their criticism of my pointing out the repeated failures was that I was not using real world failure rate analysis…. people were only posting problems, not the successes. But over the 20+ years I'm pretty sure I could count the number of reported failures of the stock FPR on one hand. And they were installed in a huge number (every) of LT1 cars. I’m positive the number users of the Aeromotive piece were a significantly low percentage. And every time someone reports an erratic fuel pressure problem, my first question is “what brand”, and it turns out to be Aeromotive.

Sort of like the MSD Opti.
Old 02-28-2024, 11:38 AM

Cool Re: Aeromotive FPR GM-LT1 part numbers

Originally Posted by Injuneer
It stops controlling the pressure - might shoot up to 80 PSI, might just vary all over the place. The company's original excuse 20+ years ago was they failed to update the internal materials to reflect the changes in gasoline formulation (ethanol?). But that was long ago, and the problems never seemed to go away. Aeromotive makes some excellent fuel handling products. But they just can’t seem to get the LT1 AFPR completely right. And yes, not all of them fail.

Their criticism of my pointing out the repeated failures was that I was not using real world failure rate analysis…. people were only posting problems, not the successes. But over the 20+ years I'm pretty sure I could count the number of reported failures of the stock FPR on one hand. And they were installed in a huge number (every) of LT1 cars. I’m positive the number users of the Aeromotive piece were a significantly low percentage. And every time someone reports an erratic fuel pressure problem, my first question is “what brand”, and it turns out to be Aeromotive.

Sort of like the MSD Opti.
Oh Lord, not the MSD Opti

I did replace the diaphragm with the Aeromotive rebuild kit so hopefully it has been upgraded with something more reliable.
Old 02-28-2024, 04:02 PM
Administrator

If your MSD Opti is still working, it must be from a batch that lacked a manufacturing defect. They aren't all bad..... but they seem to have a new problem every so often. Kinda in the production batches. Must be 7 years ago or so I helped a guy who was having idle surge problems. I tracked it down to a random pulse appearing in the data stream, which the PCM interpreted as a significant increase in RPM. The spurious pulse occurring right after a valid pulse could be interpreted as the engine suddenly turning 7,000 RPM. In response to the sudden increase in RPM the PCM did what it naturally does, opens up the IAC valve to prevent the engine from stalling if the throttle blades close suddenly. The idle could just randomly jump as high as 2,800 RPM.

I found the bad data using GaryDoug's Scan9495 data logging program. The car owner and I were posting on ltxtech.com, and one of the members there was a phone tech for MSD. He took my marked up data log to the in house techs. First they blamed the IAC, but after I explained the normal response of the IAC to increased engine speeds, they looked closer at the Opti. Apparently they found the source of the extra pulse, because they asked the owner to send the unit to them for a rebuild. I THINK there was arcing in the epoxy on the cap that insulates the thin "wires" that connects each cylinder's cap button to the correct plug wire terminal. They never would tell me.

But.... in true MSD fashion, the owner got the rebuilt Opti back, installed it, and it was dead on arrival. They sent him another one, but he never installed it, using something else. It appeared there was a production run over a year or two that had the defect, and MSD started free replacement of defective units from that period that were returned for service. The guy I helped with the idle surge problem was so happy, he bought my Formula when I put it up for sale........

Old 03-07-2024, 01:24 AM

Hello, everyone. I am new here. Can I ask a question?
Spoiler

Last edited by DulceWest; 03-20-2024 at 03:20 AM.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by DulceWest
Hello, everyone. I am new here. Can I ask a question?
NO!

Because you're yet another of the many SPAMMERS from INDIA, IP address: 2401:4900:1c6f:cf6:8124:7c24:7ece:9487

% Abuse contact for '2401:4900::/32' is 'https://source.domaintools.com/email.pgif?md5=ec9f58622f59ae0265b4f13604c90d28&fa ce=arial&size=9&color=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF&face=a rial&size=9&color=0000FF&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format=tra nsparent&format=transparent'

inet6num: 2401:4900::/32
netname: BHARTI-MO-IN
descr: Bharti Airtel Limited
descr: Unitech World Cyber Park
descr: Tower B, 6th Floor,
descr: Sector-39
org: ORG-BAL2-AP
admin-c: RK250-AP
tech-c: RK250-AP
abuse-c: AB1077-AP
remarks: --------------------------------------------------------
remarks: To report network abuse, please contact mnt-irt