LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

95 Ta

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 06:58 PM

95 Ta

I have a 95 TA bought new in Cali. If it had dual cats would it have 2 02 sensors? The reason I ask is there is a large can for lack of a better term below drivers exhaust manifold at the begining of left side exhaust pipe. How would this "can" affect header installation?
Sorry for the D.A. question. Had a 7yr/100k warranty that ran out last August. So I am just now getting around to mod planning.
Old 03-30-2003, 07:49 PM

It should. My 95 single cat car has two of them.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:01 PM
Administrator

The "can" is the drivers side cat. Mounted right at the bottom of the exhaust manifold. The O2 sensor for the drivers side is right above the cat, screwed into the base of the manifold. The passenger side cat is on that branch of the Y-pipe, below the hump in the passenger floor. The O2 sensor is in the Y-pipe, between the manifold and the cat. Your 95 has only those two "pre-cat" sensors. The 2 additional "after-cat" sensors were only installed on 1996 and newer (OBD-II) cars.

Since you are in Idaho, you can just switch to "single-cat" headers. In general, these will give better results than the "dual-cat" headers, which attempt to keep the drivers side cat in the stock location, and in doing so end up snaking the primaries up over the top of the valve cover.