LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

# 8 egr pipe block off/what else???

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 08:56 AM
si

# 8 egr pipe block off/what else???

Hi, I'm putting on no emission headers on a customers 95 formula. I know I have to block off the pipe that goes to from the back of the intake to the header (obviously). Put I'm wondering about the egr itself. With out that pipe hooked up can i still leave the egr hooked up and working????? Or do I have to block off vacuum lines and get the computer tuned for it off?? If so what line exactly have to blocked off?? I would just like to leave it hooked up.

I have a similar question on the exhaust forum put i see that there is lot more on this forum. I did a search put could find my answer. Thanks for the help
Old 05-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Administrator

As long as you block off the hole in the back of the intake for the riser tube from #8, you don't have to do anything else. You should be aware that you may get a code/SES light for no EGR flow. The 93-95 OBD-I diagnostic is not very sensitive, so you might get away without the code/light. If you remove or unplug the solenoid, you will also get a code/SES light for the interupted electrical circuit. A resistor will solve that.

Do NOT double post on multiple forums. Post ONLY on the correct forum.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:22 PM
si

If I get the code should i just shut off the egr on the computer and call it good??

Sorry about the double post I looked hear last not thinking there would be any thing about exhaust stuff.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Administrator

You can remove EGR from the PCM, but unless you do it the right way, you will get a "system not ready" flag when they hook up to the ALDL connector for an emissions check... if you have an emissions check.