11.48 ET on second hand LE2s

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 07:48 PM

Thumbs up

Good show.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Formula408
Hey Mec,
Don't know if you remember me I was the green formula that lost to you when my throttle cable broke at LTx. It was good to see someone there having as much fun as you. I've gotten mine down to 11.21 @ 124.55 I should be in the 10s with that mph but cant seem to get out of the gate.
Hope to see you there next year with a 10 sec 408!
How could I forget you!! That big 408 started to pull on me then all of a sudden you were'nt there! I hate to win that way but I guess thats racing. I'm going to do some T&T tomorrow and try to get some datta logs so I can do some tweeking on the tune. Hope to shave off a few more tenths! That trap speed is great by the way!

Mec
Old 05-08-2008, 10:37 PM

Ya, I think I was parked by you. I was the guy with the goofy exhaust that hung real low cuz of my bmr crossbrace (which btw is fixed now and looks much better) .
I'm only running 31 degrees of timing right now can't wait to get it up to 35 or so...
Yep, thats the car I remember... Dual exhaust hanging low with one-chamber flowmasters

I meant to ask you what your set-up was after I saw your traps speeds, just never got around to it. All I know is that your big 408 was pullin away from my little 350 pretty hard at the big end of the track

Well it was good to meet you, and your car is awesome

Btw, what set-up was your buddy with the green camaro running? I noticed he was pullin 121+ trap speeds....
Old 05-09-2008, 04:12 PM

The green camaro was actually a budget 383 running e85 with a bunch of second hand parts as well. he would be happy to know you thought he was pulling 121, but he actually had 119s all day, he got his first 120 this past tuesday at gateway. I'm still impressed with your 11.50s on a 10bolt!
I wish I had talked to everyone a little more, I was a little nerve wrecked with my car and all being its second time out and I'm a whiner...
Good meeting all you guys though!
How did Warren loose anyway? I know someone pulled up there 1st round wanting to run N//A but hadn't qualified. That's not who won is it?
Old 05-09-2008, 04:39 PM

e85 huh? I should have talked with him a little more...I've been debating on switching mine to e85 for a while. Well his car certainly runs good

I haven't been any faster than 11.88 @ 118 on my 10 bolt though. I'm sure that I could go faster on it, but I've been to much of a puss to press my luck by launching any harder on it

I'm sure Warren will chime in and tell you how everthing happened with him...
Old 05-10-2008, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Colin91Z
e85 huh? I should have talked with him a little more...I've been debating on switching mine to e85 for a while. Well his car certainly runs good

I haven't been any faster than 11.88 @ 118 on my 10 bolt though. I'm sure that I could go faster on it, but I've been to much of a puss to press my luck by launching any harder on it

I'm sure Warren will chime in and tell you how everthing happened with him...
I qualified #1 with the 11.18 (1st qualifying round & low ET of the class) and backed it up with an 11.20 (2nd qualifying round). During the event my car fell-off about one tenth (due to track and air conditions). I actually thought my car would be in the 10.90s or .80s at the event, but it didn’t happen with the conditions.

In the finals with Brady, I had him "one full car length" at the 1/8, but then he came by me on the stripe. He ran 3 tenths and 4 MPH faster (11.22 @ 126) in the finals (than his qualifying rounds).

My car fell-off a tenth in the finals (11.30), as did most cars. If I would have had the 11.18 or the 11.20 again, I would have won.

Here is a video of my 11.18 qualifying round, also paired-up with Brady (his 11.51).

Warren

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ent=MOV03F.flv
Old 05-12-2008, 02:30 PM

The green camaro was actually a budget 383 running e85 with a bunch of second hand parts as well. he would be happy to know you thought he was pulling 121, but he actually had 119s all day, he got his first 120 this past tuesday at gateway. I'm still impressed with your 11.50s on a 10bolt!
I wish I had talked to everyone a little more, I was a little nerve wrecked with my car and all being its second time out and I'm a whiner...
Good meeting all you guys though!
How did Warren loose anyway? I know someone pulled up there 1st round wanting to run N//A but hadn't qualified. That's not who won is it?
As luck would have it....I blew up my 10 bolt this past saturday, so no more 11 sec passes on a 10 bolt for me

Oh well, at least it waited until the shootout was over before it broke

This seals the deal on buying a 9" for me, so I'll be back next year with a real axle in the car, plus some giggle gas...
Originally Posted by The Engineer
I qualified #1 with the 11.18 (1st qualifying round & low ET of the class) and backed it up with an 11.20 (2nd qualifying round). During the event my car fell-off about one tenth (due to track and air conditions). I actually thought my car would be in the 10.90s or .80s at the event, but it didn’t happen with the conditions.

In the finals with Brady, I had him "one full car length" at the 1/8, but then he came by me on the stripe. He ran 3 tenths and 4 MPH faster (11.22 @ 126) in the finals (than his qualifying rounds).

My car fell-off a tenth in the finals (11.30), as did most cars. If I would have had the 11.18 or the 11.20 again, I would have won.

Here is a video of my 11.18 qualifying round, also paired-up with Brady (his 11.51).

Warren

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ent=MOV03F.flv
Warren, it was a pleasure to meet you and watch your car. I honestly thought you had it in the bag going into the finals. See ya next year

Last edited by Colin91Z; 05-12-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:45 PM

if it is back to KCIR next year (hope it does), i will have my Z28 out there in the heads up power adder more than likely.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:14 PM

Guys, I have to be real honest. I was a little upset when I got to the LTX shootout and decided to run N/A and found out just about everyone else running in it had power adders. Sure I trust most of you but there is always someone out there who will cheat. That was the only class I ran in because I thought I had a shot at it. I felt like the class should have been for N/A only cars but that is just my opinion. Nothing against anyone I'm just a cry baby like that. If they do the event again next year and let everyone run in all classes and 200 cars show up that will be a nightmare

As luck would have it....I blew up my 10 bolt this past saturday, so no more 11 sec passes on a 10 bolt for me

Oh well, at least it waited until the shootout was over before it broke
Sorry to hear that man, oh well you'll get to enjoy some nice launces and some 11.50s now.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:25 PM

That was the only class I ran in because I thought I had a shot at it.

You did have a shot at it...but your car broke. If that would not have happened I would have lost that race against you. As far as power adders, some of us had the hardware installed but none of us used it because the class was "N/A". Warren does not even have the hardware.

was a little upset when I got to the LTX shootout and decided to run N/A and found out just about everyone else running in it had power adders.
So what did you think after the event?

Mec

Last edited by Greaseymec; 05-14-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:04 PM

You did have a shot at it...but your car broke. If that would not have happened I would have lost that race against you. As far as power adders, some of us had the hardware installed but none of us used it because the class was "N/A". Warren does not even have the hardware.
I know I had a shot at it, I wasn't as dissapointed as the day progressed and we all had a good time. I just had my concerns when you are dealing with a payout race. Had I driven as far as you guys did and lost on a "cheat" I would have been pretty hacked off. I was not knocking any of you guys I was very happy to see the class so close to be truthful we all had a shot at it really.
I was just there to enjoy the event and didn't really care but some of you drove really far and a 600 dollar payout would have helped pay for gas
One other problem I saw with the event was the lack of gratitude to the sponsors. The organizers needed to hand out flyers at the gate with information about all the sponsors, websites, phone numbers, ect... They are what made it possible and as a business owner had I put out that kind of cash I would have been upset. The only ones I remember are BMR and Procharger... Again not knocking anyone just would like to see it to be a continued success!
You did have a shot at it...but your car broke.
FYI: Your car doesn't go faster just cuz you push the pedal harder.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:16 PM

Guys, I have to be real honest. I was a little upset when I got to the LTX shootout and decided to run N/A and found out just about everyone else running in it had power adders. Sure I trust most of you but there is always someone out there who will cheat. That was the only class I ran in because I thought I had a shot at it. I felt like the class should have been for N/A only cars but that is just my opinion. Nothing against anyone I'm just a cry baby like that. If they do the event again next year and let everyone run in all classes and 200 cars show up that will be a nightmare

Sorry to hear that man, oh well you'll get to enjoy some nice launces and some 11.50s now.
As Mec has pointed out (he has been to my house and shop), or anyone who knows me, I’ve “never” had an N2O system on my car and will “never” have one (my hood was open at the shoot-out for everyone to see). And, I’m very proud of the fact that I run my car completely N/A and I’ll be back next year at the shoot-out to run N/A again.

I don’t every use N2O when I’m at the dentist.

Also, I bracket race my car during the summer in the NHRA Summit Series, but I like the heads-up racing much better (real racing and no break-outs). So, I’m already looking forward to next year’s shoot-out and planning some off-season upgrades for my car.

Here are some recent photos of my completely N/A engine (same as the shoot-out), it doesn’t even have a single-plane intake on it (a "real" LTX engine w/ GM intake).

WD

Old 05-14-2008, 03:18 PM

No power adders to be found on my car either....my hood was up all day in the pits as well

No power adders yet anyways

Last edited by Colin91Z; 05-14-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:36 PM

Don't take me wrong guys, I am not trying to call anyone out on here. everyone I've seen posting on here I had absolutely no problem with, and i think most of the 8 or so of us that eneded up running N/A were mostly N/A only cars, There were alot of others that had it on their windows at first though. The other guy parked beside me couldn't have fit any more writing on his window.
As I said, I was more worried about it when I first read about the classes and first got there than I was as things progressed at the event.

Sorry to mislead your thread there greasymec... You said your timing was soft on your current setup. what do you plan to step up to? I need to kick mine up I'm thinking 35 from the 31 I am at now, but not sure. I have 12.5 comp and running 110 turbo blue. btw: mine is set at 31 but shows 32 to 33 with scan tool does your guys do that? Which is actual?
Old 05-14-2008, 03:44 PM

IOne other problem I saw with the event was the lack of gratitude to the sponsors. The organizers needed to hand out flyers at the gate with information about all the sponsors, websites, phone numbers, ect... They are what made it possible and as a business owner had I put out that kind of cash I would have been upset. The only ones I remember are BMR and Procharger... Again not knocking anyone just would like to see it to be a continued success!
That is something we could have done but I feel we covered the sponsors well. They were advertised on the website for 6 months, announced at the race over and over again, and mentioned at the drivers meeting and at closing ceremony. Not to mention they were all on the t-shirts we sold.

I will however use your suggestion next year as it will also help the sponsors.

Glad you had fun!

Tony Shepherd

btw.....good job Mec!

Quick Reply: 11.48 ET on second hand LE2s