LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

[Edited by Moderator] Piece Of Crap Opti!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 11:46 AM

Angry [Edited by Moderator] Piece Of Crap Opti!!!!!

I HAVE TO VENT!!!!

Here's what my day has consisted of so far!!! Started off my convincing my dad to spot me the $160 for a remanufactured opti from NAPA. I get my unit off my car. Pull the cap off to find it's so bad there is no way I would want to put it back in. Then, I can't get the damn inside plastic cover off (inside the unit) because the male torque bolt is so damn small I don't own a small enough socket. Can't get needle nose's in there to grip the head. NAPA calls me to tell me the part came in. I go to NAPA to get the opti, and also bring my old unit down to try and get the cap off so I can turn in the old opti for the core charge. They don't have anything that small. The only needle nose plyers that would fit were so cheesey they just bent instead of turning the bolt. Run down the road to True Value. Luckely my friend is working thier so I ask him to help. Finally get a good set of neelde nose to get it out. Took 20 still. The inside cap still wont come off. Figure I have to take the rotor off (which I had to anyway.) Well, they don't have a number 8 torque bit that small. Off to AutoZone for a torque bit. The only one they have is in a $10 pack of 4 or so. Fine, I'm pissed off already, so I just buy em. get the rotor off. Still wont come apart!!!! Go back to NAPA to see if they can get it apart. The guy goes next door to use some air to blow out a hole to see if it's held in by anything else. Well, the cap comes off when he blows the air... so fine, it's off, finally. The seals are shot. Great, now I am really gonna have to get a cap and rotor. Fine, "how much is the cap and rotor?" thinking it would be like $40 max. "$220, and I would have to special order it." [EDIT] So now I'm up ti almost $400 for a reman'ed unit that I won't even have for days!!! So I"m sittin there lookin at all this CRAP that I have sittin on the counter at NAPA. Decide to call a local dealership to see how much a whole new GM unit would be at my friends cost who works there. Call my friend. He just went out to lunch. CRAP! So i call 411 to get the number to the dealership. DAMN LADY GIVES ME THE WRONG NUMBER!!! Call 411 AGAIN! As i'm talkin to 411 the guy at NAPA goes, "Hang up, I found the number." So I hang up. I call it the number. Go through 10 minutes of talkin to computers and hittin numbers just to get to parts dept. Ask for the price. $670 AT MY FRIENDS COST!!!!!!!!! AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! AND they don't have it in stock. Great. Guess i'm gonna go home and buy one online from GMPARTSDIRECT.com for $320. Now I gotta wait for the damn thing to come in. This day just keeps getting better and better. AND NOW I HAVE TO GO TO COURT AT 5 OCLOCK FOR A 78 in a 55!!! SHOOT ME PLEASE!!!!

OMG that was a long post.

Last edited by Injuneer; 05-10-2005 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:10 PM

Re: [edit]Piece Of Crap Opti!!!!!

Well, for anyone who was actually bored enough to read that... lol.... I scratched the idea of ordering through GMPARTSDIRECT.com. They want $70 for shipping and handling! So i ordered it through Dal. Seems like a really nice guy. I asked if it could be overnighted and he said he didn't see why not. Plus, it was only $290 through him!

Last edited by Injuneer; 05-10-2005 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:15 PM

Re: [edit]Bleepin Piece Of Crap Opti!!!!!

Your title was pretty funny. We have all felt that way .

btw...Dal is good to do business with.

Ryan

Last edited by Injuneer; 05-10-2005 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by BLinindoll
Well, for anyone who was actually bored enough to read that... lol.... I scratched the idea of ordering through GMPARTSDIRECT.com. They want $70 for shipping and handling! So i ordered it through Dal. Seems like a really nice guy. I asked if it could be overnighted and he said he didn't see why not. Plus, it was only $290 through him!

Could have gotten it from o'reilly's or autozone for $250 and get a lifetime warranty with it. Don't know why people settle for the gm item still....

Old 05-10-2005, 01:21 PM

Just get one off Ebay or Jason Cromer.

Old 05-10-2005, 01:39 PM

Last time I heard autozone doesn't offer a lifetime warranty anymore. And I feel your pain, except I went through 2 opti's in 2 months!!!!

Old 05-10-2005, 01:40 PM

Funny, i just warrantied mine in february. No idea who told you that load of crap. O'reilly's still offers theirs as well.

Last edited by Injuneer; 05-10-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Administrator

ATTN: BLinindoll

If you ever post a "topic" like that again, I assure you it will be the last post you ever make on this board. Profanity is not permitted, and overriding the language filter is not acceptable. I just wasted a big chunk of my time editing the topic, your post and all the replies.

DO NOT do it again. You have been warned.

Fred
Old 05-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Banned FOR SCAMMING - Nick[William] Dascal - (516) 931-0586

Re: [Edited by Moderator] Piece Of Crap Opti!!!!!

owned
Old 05-10-2005, 03:08 PM

MSD now makes one.
http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=egnsearch.asp
Old 05-10-2005, 05:30 PM

thats just the cap and rotor
Old 05-10-2005, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pasky
Funny, i just warrantied mine in february. No idea who told you that load of crap. O'reilly's still offers theirs as well.
I think it was in march that AZ stoped the lifetime warranys on optis, just the ones sold before that are still lifetime I think
Old 05-10-2005, 05:56 PM

jason cromer
Old 05-10-2005, 05:58 PM

yeah, now they only have the one year, not lifetime. plus, they dont have the whole opti unit. Theirs doesnt come with the cap or rotor. the only place i could find that sold the whole thing was through a GM dealer. (Dal being one of them)
Old 05-10-2005, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dave89IROC
I think it was in march that AZ stoped the lifetime warranys on optis, just the ones sold before that are still lifetime I think

Oh, my bad then, mine is still lifetime then. I know for a fact autozone carried both the cap and the actual distributor when i bought mine last year. I know O'reilly's also has both and they do have a lifetime warranty.

Quick Reply: [Edited by Moderator] Piece Of Crap Opti!!!!!