LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

Would This Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by mdacton
kraest yo mayne...you is right, 345 be a good numma fa da powah. No harm yo, you peeps is needs sexin. I'm from goochland Va. look it up and see what you find. I'm out.....I got a LT1 anyway and it be got more power and be faster yo so fogetchu fools
Old 11-22-2007, 01:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kraest

Goochland is in my pants.
front or rear?
Old 11-22-2007, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
By that reasoning everyone could say their LS1 equipped f-body ran 12.9X because someone else did, yet most people can't drive that well and not all Ls1's are even capable of it. See the point? There has to be a line drawn some where. IMO its at claiming unkown numbers.

IMO thats as fictional as my sig. I was educated in science and work the chemical industry. Its either a real number that you can prove or its BS. Engineering is the same way.
What you fail to realize is that a number like a chemical is definative, exact, precise, what you have is what you have. People are NOT!

So what...the number is what came from GM. And if he was inflating his #'s......you think he's the first and only in an internet forum to do it? Even if his sig is off, what is it off? Maybe 10 flywheel HP? You got sand in your V@g!na for 10 Flywheel HP??? Who are you anyway to be telling ANYONE to prove their HP? I dynoed at 469whp but I put 470 in the sig....OH OH! I'm screwed now.

If people posting/saying/claiming..etc things that aren't true bother you...then you just better shut yourself from the whole entire population. Cuz guess what? It happens everyday around you in one way or another.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:22 PM

I got almost over 10 hp on the dyno from a lid and only.. And you really hear it sucking the air in. It works
Old 11-24-2007, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Megalis
What you fail to realize is that a number like a chemical is definative, exact, precise, what you have is what you have. People are NOT!

So what...the number is what came from GM. And if he was inflating his #'s......you think he's the first and only in an internet forum to do it? Even if his sig is off, what is it off? Maybe 10 flywheel HP? You got sand in your V@g!na for 10 Flywheel HP??? Who are you anyway to be telling ANYONE to prove their HP? I dynoed at 469whp but I put 470 in the sig....OH OH! I'm screwed now.

If people posting/saying/claiming..etc things that aren't true bother you...then you just better shut yourself from the whole entire population. Cuz guess what? It happens everyday around you in one way or another.

Talk about another person that wants to make this personal. I must have touched a nerve.

I never said to prove it on here, as in post his dyno numbers. I meant for him to prove it to himself instead of just generalizing about what he thinks his car may do. My point is, why claim something he doesn't know his car is even making? I've seen a few f-bodies that only open their throttle 80% from the factory. Do you think they'll dyno as high as the others? Do you think a newb to LS1's would be able to tell this by their butt dyno?

Ok, so lets examine your 10 hp statement. Well, lets say most LS1's run low 13's. Thats a good generality. Now lets apply your standards. Whats another tenth or two? Hell, its only a tenth or two!! Lets say most run 12.9X. Now is that a correct or realistic statement? Oh, I forgot. Everyone lies on the internet so it must be fine then.

The point you are missing is there has to be a line. If not, then when does it swing from factual to BS? Say my 226 grind cam only LS1 is making 390 hp. I've seen someone post that they made that with a "similar" grind. Will mine? Most likely not. More like low 370ish, but hey its only 20 hp. Whats next? Well, its another 10 hp, so no I can brag that my car makes 400 hp. Well, just another 10. Ya, it makes 410hp today.

So where does it end? IMO, the line is where YOU actually know what your car makes. Not what you think it may probably make because someone else's might have made that once, or marketing at GM says it made this much.

Personally, if I don't know. I will tell people I don't know. Not just tell them I'm making what everyone else is making. Sorry, but I'm honest like that, and I do expect the same honesty in return. Maybe thats why I hate most people...

Last edited by Greed4Speed; 11-24-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:18 AM

"Well, its another 10 hp, so no I can brag that my car makes 400 hp. Well, just another 10. Ya, it makes 410hp today."

put the Turbonator on it....and add another 10hp

Old 11-26-2007, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
Talk about another person that wants to make this personal. I must have touched a nerve.

I never said to prove it on here, as in post his dyno numbers. I meant for him to prove it to himself instead of just generalizing about what he thinks his car may do. My point is, why claim something he doesn't know his car is even making? I've seen a few f-bodies that only open their throttle 80% from the factory. Do you think they'll dyno as high as the others? Do you think a newb to LS1's would be able to tell this by their butt dyno?

Ok, so lets examine your 10 hp statement. Well, lets say most LS1's run low 13's. Thats a good generality. Now lets apply your standards. Whats another tenth or two? Hell, its only a tenth or two!! Lets say most run 12.9X. Now is that a correct or realistic statement? Oh, I forgot. Everyone lies on the internet so it must be fine then.

The point you are missing is there has to be a line. If not, then when does it swing from factual to BS? Say my 226 grind cam only LS1 is making 390 hp. I've seen someone post that they made that with a "similar" grind. Will mine? Most likely not. More like low 370ish, but hey its only 20 hp. Whats next? Well, its another 10 hp, so no I can brag that my car makes 400 hp. Well, just another 10. Ya, it makes 410hp today.

So where does it end? IMO, the line is where YOU actually know what your car makes. Not what you think it may probably make because someone else's might have made that once, or marketing at GM says it made this much.

Personally, if I don't know. I will tell people I don't know. Not just tell them I'm making what everyone else is making. Sorry, but I'm honest like that, and I do expect the same honesty in return. Maybe thats why I hate most people...
HaHa...Nobody Cares...Well At Least I Don't...HaHa
Old 11-26-2007, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by teke184
"Well, its another 10 hp, so no I can brag that my car makes 400 hp. Well, just another 10. Ya, it makes 410hp today."

put the Turbonator on it....and add another 10hp

Definately get this...Google it...it is the single best mod you can do to your car. All the serious racers have it fo sho.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Retired

This one is no longer useful.