LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

So i was looking through my paperwork on the car i bought

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 08:36 PM

So i was looking through my paperwork on the car i bought

and read a Warranty Disclaimer that was given to me by the dealer. He said it's basically saying it's being sold "as is" but i didnt read through it at the time of purchase, and like a dumbass, just signed it.

it says front right fender was replaced, and right upper frame rail repaired.

i've been noticing some rattling/buzzing sound coming from the transmission area, and i guess my intuition was right. it's been hit before. i've owned several f-bodies, and not one of them made any kind of buzzing sound like that.

is there anything i can do?

i did buy a warranty with the car, and i just registered it at www.buybackinsurance.com

anyone ever have any experience with something like this?
Old 04-14-2005, 08:44 PM

Re: So i was looking through my paperwork on the car i bought

well yeah i made the same mistake with my ls1 when buying as it is with no warrenty. next thing u know the rims were crack which i didn't notice when buying it cuz i was very happy test driving it. well i havnt notice any sounds on my car but i guess u can take it to a local chevorlet dealership n have them check it out or take it to a mechanic. i dont think the guy who sold it to u will help u out cuz all they want is money n business. only a few of them will be nice. did u take a look at the carfax before buying the car? sometimes it tells if the car has been in a accident or not.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:17 AM

Re: So i was looking through my paperwork on the car i bought

yea, carfax was clean, so was another vin check service

i'm guessing insurance never got involved with finxing it

when i got the car, the big plastic panel above the dash was cracked, but the dealer guy said it cracked because of the heat, and it was replaced the next day. then a couple of weeks after i got it, i was at the car wash vacuuming the interior and i noticed there was broken window glass under the driver's seat.

car drives fine and pulls hard.

i did take it to the track and ran a best of 13.7 @ 108, had ****ty tires, and i launched poorly since i haven't driven a 6 speed ls1 in a while.

the only thing that is bothering me is that metal buzzing noise. if it wasn't for that, i wouldn't have suspected anything. well, maybe except the cracked dash panel and broken glass under the seat.

sigh

its a 2000 t/a, 41,5k miles (when i got it) for $14,5