LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

Plain old Corsa??

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 12:13 PM

Question Plain old Corsa??

I have been planning on purchasing a Corsa system but lately it seems like the general consensus is that other mods are needed along with it to make it sound good. I doubt I would do any other modification at this point so will I be happy without them? Any suggestions for me if I only want to do the cat-back and nothing else? I don't want it as loud as the Loudmouth but I would like something a little more "interesting" than stock. Thanks. . .

------------------
Rox

2001 Bright Rally Red SS Zaino-happy and would really like a Corsa sometime in this cosmic millennium
Old 08-27-2002, 01:09 PM

I went back and forth between Corsa and GMMG, then got the Corsa. It's been on the car over a year and it's perfect for me. My advice is find someone in your area who has the system you're thinking about and seeing/hearing it in person. I have an electric cut out on order - for when I want to be really loud.

------------------
A4 (3.42)/Whisper Lid/Corsa Catback/FTRA/BMR STB, LCA's, APHR/160+Tstat/SLP Fan Switch/HPP3
Old 08-27-2002, 01:51 PM

Bone stock, the Corsa sounds decent... But a mod or two will really wake it up and rid it of the dry, tinny, twang it can have that sounds a bit "ricey" to some... My longtubes defintely changed it, but I was told that something as simple as a $200 Y-pipe will also clean it up too and help with your power as well. A Ypipe is extremely easy to install on an 01-02, its simply a bolt on and you'll be down there anywaw installing the Corsa, so I'd defintely go for it if you get the Corsa.

But if you are going to stay bone stock and no Ypipe or headers, then check out GMMG and B&B before buying the Corsa, I thought they both sounded pretty darn good on some lightly modified cars in the area

------------------
'02 Z28 : MTI lid, TTS headers, Corsa exaust, ASP pulley, Pro5.0 w/Lou's ShortStick, Konis (front) Bilsteins (rear), 35mm ST swaybar, SS wheels, SLP SFCs, disabled DRLs, *all* the free mods! :NEXT: ported TB?, NAAAAWZ?? LS1edit???
Old 08-27-2002, 03:17 PM

I've been looking for someone around here who might have either the Corsa or the GMMG. Most people don't even know what they are! It is so hard to tell from those dumb little website sounds what you'll be getting. Any sound clips out there of a system without further mods?

------------------
Rox

2001 Bright Rally Red SS Zaino-happy and would really like a Corsa sometime in this cosmic millennium
Old 08-27-2002, 09:58 PM

might try this site, maybe it will help you pick one out

http://www.thefbodyshop.com/SIGHT-SO...&intEngineId=3

I'd still recommend a Corsa with a Y pipe to ya. Corsa is $700ish, Ypipe $200ish, both emissions legal in all 50 states and an easy install on your '01.

But check out the GMMG on the site, sounds pretty good, even given the low quality audio

------------------
'02 Z28 : MTI lid, TTS headers, Corsa exaust, ASP pulley, Pro5.0 w/Lou's ShortStick, Konis (front) Bilsteins (rear), 35mm ST swaybar, SS wheels, SLP SFCs, disabled DRLs, *all* the free mods! :NEXT: ported TB?, NAAAAWZ?? LS1edit???