LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

parts shoppers, i have a question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 03:34 PM

please hook me up with some info peeps

Hey guys (gals), I am writing a paper for a class and I just need to know why do you people buy parts for your car. Of course to make it faster, but why? My paper is about how americans are addicted to shopping, and Im dedicating a section of it to shopping for car parts. What thrill do you get out of making your car fast? Is it to be the best? If you guys could please help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by krillanaross; 10-15-2003 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:13 PM

Oh just a peice of information....It's not bashing anyone. I, myself, am an addict to parts (just don't have the money to buy them) So I'm not here to bash anyone. Just need some resources to where i got the information.
Thx again, krillan
Old 10-15-2003, 10:33 PM

anyone?.....somebody has to have a reason for wanting there car to be fast. At least one person. I'm dying here!!
Old 10-15-2003, 10:50 PM

i buy parts because my car is capable of more than what it is able to do stock. Other times its because you want yours to be different from others cars. Sometimes you bought a car, later wish you had gotten a certain option, so you buy that part. Most people I would say buy parts cause they want to impress others, have a hobby of tinkering with things, or like to go fast/listen to music with good quality. I myself retreat to my car when I want to get away or when I'm bored. So the more pleasing I can make my car to me the happier I am. Recently I just purchased new wheels/tires and an intake. I didn't like the stock wheels' size and the way the looked dead on. The intake I got to increase performance and it was a reasonable mod=$100. The wheels/tires broke the bank so next month is exhaust. I want the car to be louder and deeper, and go faster. It will also look better. Hope you can make some good BS out of this post.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:54 PM

thanks zoomjrl...this is some good info.
So basically, what you are saying is, anyone can own a camaro, but you just want yours to be different (better/faster). Am I correct?
Old 10-16-2003, 07:27 PM

Camaros are great stock, I drove mine that way for months, and liked it better than my current set up. But Yes, I thought the car could use a little bit of upgrades. Of course I like speed, and power too. I think thats why most people mod their cars is they want to stand out in some way or another: Speed/Show/Sound. Some more conservative mods may just be that people weren't happy with factory equipment, (like stereos mostly, most stock equip is tollerabe, but not enjoyable) and for their car to be enjoyable, they upgrade the equip.