LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

Need ideas for front plate(long story)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 03:26 PM

Need ideas for front plate(long story)

Alright well im leaving stop and shop and i see a black saleen heading in the direction i am. So what do i do....give chase. Well in the process I wind out first to get close to the guy. I cruise next to him for a bit and decide to go on my way because of how heavily patrolled this area is.

So Im at the light and I see a cop cut off 5 people behind be in the break down lane to get right behind me. I notice this and keep my cool and shift off from the light at 1700. Well 1/2 mile down the road he decides to pull me over and give me crap. 1st thing he gives the car a walk around, no front plate.....ect.

So he comes to the window and says you MUST know what to do, why dont you have your license and registration ready for me. I was always taught to never scuffle around for your registration until asked because he may get suspicious you may have a weapon. He takes the info and heads to his car.

When he gets back he gets 4 in from my face in the window and says " you know there are 3 rules when you want to do stupid ****. 1) look around for police. 2) Do whatever it is you want to do. 3) hope you dont get caught." Then he asks me to rev, I do to 2k and he said "no how loud you were before." I then took it to 3k and he said he doesnt know why he is doing this but he gave me a warning. I think he just liked the car and wanted to hear it.

During the whole ordeal I was very respectful using Sir and using my thank you's ect. I got away with a warning that if I was seen w/o a front plate again he would pull me again. I got noted for Excessive noise-Exhaust and Fail to display both plates.

Now does anyone have ideas on how to get a front plate in the car w/o it looking like trash? Sorry so long.

Mark
Old 11-08-2003, 05:43 PM

hmm is that a 50 state law? cant be cause GM wouldnt produce the ##'s it did with camaros if they had a simple violation as stupid as a front plate.. anyways here ya go, from out friends at SLP

Bracket, 1993-02 Camaro License Plate

/tek.
Old 11-08-2003, 06:50 PM

Well its law in California at least, I don't know about the rest...