LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

N/A Tuning....I got cost, need suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 10:50 PM

N/A Tuning....I got cost, need suggestions...

Alright I went to the local Machine shop around my house and I was looking into getting N/A.

I have to admit i was impressed by the guy, he knew what he was talking about and he said a supersharger might not be a good way to go for reliability reasons. I need like a new pump of everything and it will cost an arm and a leg.

I got a price Quote for about $4500 and that inlcuded them taking the engine out of the car, towning my car into my front driveway for a week and then putting the engine back in. But its bored, new pistons, new rings, gasket, new cam, new valve and valve springs and full cat back exhaust and headers. And since I'm on the first clutch at 45,000 miles right now I am getting a dual friction clutch for an extra $600. All this inlcudes labor and install. So the total of $5100 for a new engine with 0 miles with an estimated of 402 horspower at the wheels with 400 torqe and new clutch installed, then dynoed for tuning. i don't know but 75 horses seems like a whole lot. The reason he's confident about this is because he did the exact same thing to a 99 TA WS6 and that was the results he got. Same exact setup....I am trying to get in touch with the guy to let me drive his car...the only thing he didn't get was the clucth, he got a Z06 clutch...

For you N/A fellas, how much time have you guys looked into this? I have been trying to figure in the value. Its a daily driver and I want it to have bigger *****.

Really worth it or now?

Oh yeah he said he can put a different cam to raise HP, but he's putting this together in a way where its ***** to the walls and passes emmisions....

Last edited by WipeOutXXL; 09-19-2002 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-20-2002, 08:46 AM

Look up Raughammer and check his site...

As for the cost?!?? I think if I had that kind of $$ I would have a supercharger installed..
I dont think you would have reliability problems, but try posting that as a question in the forced induction section.

My opinions for the clutch would be look into a SPEC clutch.. I have yet to hear anything bad about them.