LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

louder flowmaster

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 10:05 PM

louder flowmaster

well i just bought the 2000z last friday, omg still get the ooooo ahhh every!!! time i sit in it...
well the guy who had it before me only put a flowmaster muffler on it, i THINK its 2 chamber, might be 3 though.... at idle its almost quit.... can barely hear it.. and reving it gets louder but not "loud" i LOVEEEEEE the sound/rumble it gives, ive heard a million exhausts on ls1s and ive heard alot that are loud but not DEEP RUMBLE all the way up... i want the same exact sound as this, but want it pretty much, much louder... is LM the same sound...? for some reason i get the impression it it raspy....

i intent to get an electric cutout sometime,... but thats only when i want it insanly loud(which will prob be alot though )

any suggestions??

ty
cory
Old 10-22-2003, 08:54 AM

I've got the Flowmaster 80 Series muffler on my WS6 and when I bought it, I loved the sound.

Later, I added an electric cutout and after driving down the street the first time, I fell in love with the new sound. I never close the cutout now unless I'm on a long trip. Driving 80 MPH with 4.11 gears keeps me at 2100 RPM, which is right where the cutout drones.

Keep your Flowmaster muffler and get your electric cutout. You'll love the sound and it's not as loud as you think it will me. I get compliments on my exhaust everywhere I go. When I tell them I'm just running a cutout, they can't believe it. Everyone expects it to be louder with a cutout, but it's really just a great sound.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:06 AM

Thats exactly what I do. When I want to cruise, I cap the cutout. Around town, its open. Nice.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:31 AM

ty ill look into it

thx
cory
Old 10-22-2003, 09:33 AM

Is it a dual outlet muffler?

Measure the size of the muffler lengthwise and we can problably figure out which one it is.

I have had a lot of Flowmaster mufflers, but I'll tell you the meanest sounding muffler is the Hooker Aerochamber, it's deep and rumbly.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:47 AM

Originally posted by rncotton
Keep your Flowmaster muffler and get your electric cutout. You'll love the sound and it's not as loud as you think it will me. I get compliments on my exhaust everywhere I go. When I tell them I'm just running a cutout, they can't believe it. Everyone expects it to be louder with a cutout, but it's really just a great sound.
Very good advice.

I have a Flowmaster muffler (2-chamber, I think..., bought it used) and a cutout w/electric plate and that works fine for me.

But, like Pro Stock John said, you might want to check into the Hooker aerochamber, too. I'll probably change my Flow for that in the future. A bit more rumbly sound at idle.

Later!

TS