LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

Intrested in hearing some feedback on the Jet-hot LT's???

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 12:59 AM

Intrested in hearing some feedback on the Jet-hot LT's???

Just had them installed yesterday. The install took about all day. Still have a few minor issues to work out, but the car is driveable for the week.

One of the primaries on the driver side permanatley rests up against my k-member. I plan to, pretty soon, get a BMR tubular k-member, and hopfully will gain some clearance with that. Also, I guess its the bolt, on the steering linkage, hits one of the primaries. It only does it while turning hard (only happened once, dont want to try it again, so not sure on the exact situation it needs to be in to do so..) but as long as im taking it easy while turning....just fine. I think the bolt just needs a flatter head. Ill try to replace that pretty soon and see where I stand. I kept putting off buying stainless steel band clamps, and ended up just using the ones the headers came with, now have a minor exhaust leak, but will be taking care of that pretty soon.

Other than that, once I get those bugs worked out, I think these will be some nice headers. Didnt have too much of a chance to get one them, since we finished late last night, and its been raining all day today, but sure felt an increas in power. Pretty soon hope to get it A-tapped and dynoed. Ill keep tall posted on the results

This is just my personal expieriece with the headers. I do like them, dont think I am talking bad about them. My advice -- get band clamps, get O2 extentions (I needed them) and check the K-member clearance. You may need to grind away a little but of the lip on the K-member. No big deal. Just a few things to look for. Over all, I am happy with them....
Old 01-26-2003, 11:37 AM

Those sound like minor problems that are happen with other brands of headers too. Glad you're happy with it.

I'm still undecided on Jet-Hot's and QTP headers. At least I have a while cause that kind of money won't be in my hands for a few months.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:49 AM

Originally posted by jd13
Those sound like minor problems that are happen with other brands of headers too. Glad you're happy with it.

I'm still undecided on Jet-Hot's and QTP headers. At least I have a while cause that kind of money won't be in my hands for a few months.
lol, I understand. These were an impulse buy. I was considering Mac's to save a few bucks, but $511 to my door....couldnt pass up. I am happy with them so far, and your right, these are just minor things, im not complaining