LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

I apoligize - 2000camaroz28

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 04:16 PM

I apoligize - 2000camaroz28

maybe I'm being arrogant and selfish but damn, 116mph, you got a problem, WHY did chevy do that? look, I am not talking smack here and I'm not that crazy but my Z28 easily gets to 145 MPH, NOT racing for me but on the back county roads here in the cornbelt Sunday morning. If my Z28 cut out at 116 like my lumbering Silverado Z71 I'd be awful pissed...AND what else is differnet if there is a limiter and NON Z tires?
Old 08-27-2003, 04:39 PM

Well, just look on the bright side, you didnt get caught doing 116+. Going that fast or above, they would either take you straight to jail, or bend you over royally in fines. Not to mention the risk of hitting someone going that fast. -ps, going that fast is only cool until you crash and/or die
Old 08-27-2003, 06:01 PM

Re: I apoligize - 2000camaroz28

Originally posted by cdmelcher
maybe I'm being arrogant and selfish but damn, 116mph, you got a problem, WHY did chevy do that? look, I am not talking smack here and I'm not that crazy but my Z28 easily gets to 145 MPH, NOT racing for me but on the back county roads here in the cornbelt Sunday morning. If my Z28 cut out at 116 like my lumbering Silverado Z71 I'd be awful pissed...AND what else is differnet if there is a limiter and NON Z tires?
Chris....other than the speed limiter all the models are built the same except chosen option packages.What is a huge ****-off is that when you change your tires to Z rated and go to GM and prove it they still refuse to take out the limiter meaning you have to purchase an expensive programmer to do it yourself
Hope that helps. And please be carefull at those speeds on public roads it's not always what you do that causes accidents it is also others that can't react to your speed.No probs in Germany where others expect high speed cars commeing up behind them'
Take Care