LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

GMMG vs CORSA

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 01:15 PM
Ray66

Exclamation GMMG vs CORSA

Hello, I'm in Gainesville, Florida and would like to hear some exhaust on SS's in my area. I have the stock SS-GM exhaust with rear dual outlets and I did switch out the stock muffler to an 80-series Flowmaster muffler. I do have better tone now than before but would like an even more deeper, throatier tone and more Horsepower if possible. I don't want a raspy loud exhaust though and don't want the "head drone" or interior noise. The SLP-Loudmouth sounds too loud for me but the Corsa or GMMG sounds like a good choice. Sometimes I take long road trips and don't want to get a headache from the exhaust noise. Is the GMMG too loud? Does it produce any "head drone"? Is the GMMG only offered for sale from the factory in Geoargia? Or is the Corsa a better choice?

My e-mail is RLYC@bellsouth.net

Thank you

Ray

Old 07-24-2002, 02:36 PM

Talking

I'd say go Corsa then. I have a Corsa and Love it. A friend I know has a GMMG and it's loud. A good sound but I'm not sure on interior noise.

I took mine to a show that was 7 hrs. away and there was no headache after. I was even using 2 way radios on the ride down. Had no problems hearing. I hope this helps.

------------------
Carrie

2000 Z28 LS1, Navy Blue Metallic, T-tops, Eagle GSC, 6 Speed Hurst Shifter, 12 Disk CD Changer, Carbon Fiber Letters, Whisper Air Lid, K&N Filter,MBA Aluminum Grill Inserts, MBA Aluminum Pedals, MBA Blue MAF Ends, Corsa Exhaust, Power Slot rotors, Hawk Pads, Kenny Brown Sub Frame Connectors, Hotchkis strut bar Polished, More to come?
Old 07-24-2002, 03:20 PM

Arrow

Ok I have the loudmouth but hear me out (no pun intended ) I love it and it is the most free flowing, for HP, and the cheapest "stainless steel" system of them all, but you have options. You can buy some Hooker resonator exhuast tips ($25 from Jegs) and totally change and quiet down the LM without losing HP. Its a great option most do not know about. Also, if for some reason you wanted an obnoxious exhaust for a night its as simple as removing 2 screws and installing the stock LM tips. Lets review, the most HP, the cheapest, its stainless steel, and flexible sound note.... the way to go for me!

------------------
99 SS, Dark Metallic Blue, M6
SLP lid, KN, TBB, SLP Y-pipe, loudmouth
ported MAFs, Fernco,......
Currently: 1/4 13.30@114, 0-60 4.85 (w/passenger)