LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

Broken Exhaust .. Now what??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 10:05 PM

Broken Exhaust .. Now what??

I recently had a post about my broken Corsa... well does anyone have straight pipes... instead of having a muffler i just put straight pipes in. How loud will this be?? Will I be able to drive it down the street and not wake the dead??
Old 10-14-2002, 10:25 PM

actually, its not as bad as you'd think, but its still loud..... i'd put at least a straighthru bullet type muffler on the Ipipe or somewhere else to cut back the pops and raspyness
Old 10-15-2002, 09:50 AM

maybe you can get something like this: http://www.sweet-thunder.com/chambered.htm
Old 10-15-2002, 06:07 PM

Question How did your Corsa system break?

I don't understand....

How did your Corsa system break? I am going to order a Corsa cat-back system soon for my 2002 Z28. I heard nothing but good things about the Corsa system. Its rated one the best if not the best cat-back for the 4th generation f-body. So even though it broke, don't you have warranty through Corsa? And even if you don't, why don't you just buy another Corsa cat-back?

I'm not mad, just confused because I don't know what happened and I want to know how the Corsa system broke? Is it an issue of quality? Or was it something that you did that caused the system to break?

Thanks.

Last edited by Mystery Z28; 10-15-2002 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:56 PM

Well at first there was a broken baffle that was a defect from the factory so they replaced it. But even when I got the new one there was always a rattleing sound comming from the exhaust. It never sounded good. Mind you I have race pipes and SLP Longtubes. So I got a little dent on the new muffler and it was just cosmetic , it was dented for like 2 months then one day it started rattling again. And they won't replace it cuz I dented it. Even thought I belive the dent did nothing. And just buy another Corsa you say... it is way to expensive for what it is worth. I was gonna get a replacement muffler and it was $400 CDN. What I am going to do is sell my Corsa and build a true dual setup for half the price and have a better exhaust. And I am posted in the for sale section I will make you a good deal!!
Old 10-15-2002, 08:00 PM

Question Thanks anyway...

Actually I'm not interested in a used set-up. Thanks for the offer though....

Why hasn't anyone else complained about their Corsa set-up? From what I've read so far, you are the only person to ever say anything negative about Corsa.
Old 10-15-2002, 11:20 PM

I don't know.. I really like the system. Don't get me wrong, everything is top notch but with my set up it just doesn't sound right and I am just done with mufflers all together. I have now broke 3 mufflers. 1 dynomax and 2 Corsa so I am getting away from them. If you plan to stay stock manifolds then I say go for it, but if you put on headers it will sound like ****!! Post a topic about Corsa owners and LongTube Headers and ask what they think of the sound. You will be suprised. But that is the way it is with Borla too. But if I can find a way to by pass the muffler I am going to keep the Corsa setup cuz the tip are amazing.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:03 AM

Question How long did you have Corsa before it broke?

How did you dent the Corsa system? How long have you had the Corsa setup before you broke it?

Maybe your setup is screwed up dude? I mean three mufflers???? Something is wrong and maybe it isn't the mufflers?
Old 10-16-2002, 10:35 AM

in any case, I wouldnt like to deal with a company that treated him like that..

Say you buy your $700 muffler.. you are all happy and driving along.. but then, ohh no.. board in the road.. most of the road is taken up by the board, you decided to just roll over it on one side.. tires pick it up and make it bounce.. it taps your new muffler.
dent.. so now.. wouldnt you at least want the muffler with a limited lifetime warranty to pay for half or something?

Dealt with a lot of companies..
In bicycles, Trek is my favorite. Have seen them time and time again, regardless of customer abuse, they do a 50/50 split.. they will cover the part you pay labor or something to that effect.. Pretty kewl company to deal with..

I too say that the corsa sounds kewl, but for $700 I dont think any sound is worth that.
Old 10-16-2002, 12:06 PM

Actually you were pretty close it was a piece of steel. From construction that was going on. And no they won't help me I called and they said it is my problem. I said well sell me the new muffler and they said it will be a special order and it will be like $400 CDN. And just to clarify the first muffler was glaspacked and thats what broke and the second was a defect and the third was me. One reason why I bought the Corsa is cuz of the warrenty and it looks like I chose the wrong company. But in any case its your choice, I am just a guy who has had bad luck and nothing will change that. Mainly cuz I am driving around town with a loud rattling sound and making me look like a fool cuz I can't get a new muffler.