General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Window fix availble

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:44 AM

Window fix availble

I am not sure how many people have tried our products on this board, but if there is anyone doubtful of our credibility our window fix can now be picked up (on our site) with all of your other performance parts.
Any body out there enjoying a functional passenger window with our kit installed?

http://www.autotrix.net
Old 07-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Is the wiring kit compatible with the driver's side too?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:14 PM

No this repair only pertains to the passenger side motor; Eventually we will have a remedy for the drivers side....but not yet.

Thanks for the responses, any other Q's?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Have you considered selling the kit with a replacement window motor? If it came with the motor, I'd probably buy one for each door (after you come out with the one for the driver's side, of course).
Old 07-23-2007, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Have you considered selling the kit with a replacement window motor? If it came with the motor, I'd probably buy one for each door (after you come out with the one for the driver's side, of course).
x2
driver side is gone.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:01 PM

We are working on it, trust me! We have considered selling the window motor as well, although buying it in town with a warranty is the route. I will say that installing the kit with a new motor is the perferred method for optimum perfomance and longevity!
Old 07-25-2007, 10:23 PM

I can vouch for this working perfectly! I bought mine on ls1tech and my passenger window works faster than my driver's side! Here is the catch...my passenger side is 95,000 miles old and my driver side is 6,000 miles old. Very easy to wire also because I absolutely HATE wires but I had no problems putting this in. I don't even like putting in headunits but this was cake!
Old 07-26-2007, 07:28 PM

Hey, thanks alot for the positive response!! We really appreciate the great complements on our products....and they have been improving since we started! We are here to help people enjoy their late model cars!
Old 07-28-2007, 05:48 PM

how long did the install take you? -porksoda?
Did you spend alot of time hiding the install?
Old 07-29-2007, 09:58 PM

It took maybe an hour and a half at the most. That included cutting and stripping wire, routing, calling you directly for help on hiding it. I remember calling you about hiding the relays and you told me. The wire all routed perfectly through the firewall and I just put it in the existing loom from the PCM. I pulled the rest tight under the dash so it wouldn't hang and it hides in the rubber thing in the door that hold the other harness. Whatever was left was taped to the door panel, it wasn't much, and relays in the switch cover. Sounds complicated but it was EASY! Like I mentioned I even hate wiring in headunits, subwoofers, and amps but the window fix was easy and it works better than my new window motor which was way harder to replace.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:34 PM

hey same goes for me i bought the fix kit and it took me about 2 hours to completly install it the kit really fixed it and now my passenger side window works great
Old 08-04-2007, 10:35 PM

ok nvm everything was working smooth the window was working twice as fast as my drivers side but today i rolled it up and down a couple times then went to work. when i got there the window not roll up and wasn't working at all i could hear it tick when i pressed the button but nothing is working so i'm gonna c what is wrong with it in the morning
Old 08-24-2007, 09:38 AM

Well, what did you find? Sounds as if you have been playing with the motor excessively which will cause the problem you are having- allowing heat to build up; Your motor could be far to gone
Old 08-24-2007, 02:20 PM

But what about the thermal bypass thing-a-ma-jig.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...ht=door+window

I did this a few months back for the passenger window because A) it was slow and B) it got to the point that it would only roll up a little bit at a time because the thermal circuit crap would cut out. So I'd have to roll it up until it stopped. Then wait an hour and try and again and keep repeating this until the window was up. This may be football4life's problem. Just an FYI
Old 09-08-2007, 07:24 PM

Removing the thermistor is a very common way of getting somewhat of a same result as our kit, only the wiring and the applied voltage is still the same as before. The theremistor most likely fails to often because it is heated up to much and to often with the stock passenger window wiring.

Quick Reply: Window fix availble