General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

stupid keyless ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 06:57 PM

stupid keyless ?

I was wondering if you can reprogram the keyless entry so that both doors unlock on the first click rather than the passenger on the 2nd.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:44 PM

It's really that hard to press the unlock button twice?
Old 06-14-2004, 08:27 PM

Originally posted by SantaCruz163
It's really that hard to press the unlock button twice?
Old 06-15-2004, 06:13 AM

This is how you do it for an LS1, and I think '97+, but maybe just '98+.
Progressive Doorlock Bypass

For those of you who dont know...progressive door locks is when you hit the unlock button on the remote once to unlock the drivers door and then hit it again to unlock the passenger door. These instruction are on how to bypass it so that both doors unlock on the first press. The second press of the button will now be an extra channel giving you the abitlity to control other options such as remote start, window roll down, turn on radio, whatever you can think of that needs a pulse to activate.

1. Look under the glove box. You will see a black panel that covers everything above it. There are two clips right at the base of the glovebox that holds the front side of the panel up. Remove these to clips so that the panels hangs down giving you access to the wires above it.

2. Look for a green plug. There will be five wires in it. -Orange/Black stripe -Red/black stripe -Grey/Black stripe -Tan -Grey

3. Unplug the harness. The female side is the bigger side and is light green. The male side is the smaller side and is dark green. You will be working with the female side.

4. Cut the grey/black stripe wire on the female side.

5. You should now have a short length of wire going back into the female plug and the other side goes back into the wiring of the car. Splice the side going back into the plug with the Tan wire.

6. The wire that goes back into your car is now your extra channel on your alarm. Its is a 12V pulse.

Most remote starts and window modules need just a pulse to activate. This will give it to you now from the factory alarm. Installation of these components would be done just as if there were an aftermarket alarm except that you would hook the trigger wire to the grey/black wire that is left over.

Since doing mine originally Ive found that some cars just have a green plug going directly into the BCM. Wires are the same color. You just need to verify which side is the output to the locks with a voltmeter.
I don't think it will work on a '96- car though. It might work just using different wires, etc.

The only reason I would want to do this is for some reason - my passenger door only unlocks on occasion with the second push - it doesn't bother me at all to push it - I just wish it worked.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:11 AM

Originally posted by 94BlackBowtie
This is how you do it for an LS1, and I think '97+, but maybe just '98+.
I don't think it will work on a '96- car though. It might work just using different wires, etc.

The only reason I would want to do this is for some reason - my passenger door only unlocks on occasion with the second push - it doesn't bother me at all to push it - I just wish it worked.
Unfortunately, his car does not have a BCM. I can't remember if I have read that you can do a similar thing with the pre-96 cars.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by shoebox
Unfortunately, his car does not have a BCM. I can't remember if I have read that you can do a similar thing with the pre-96 cars.
I almost said in my first post that I wished you would read this - so that you could shed some light.

I knew that you would have some idea on it.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:24 PM

Yeah, the reason I want to figure this out is because its just annoying trying to time the second push exactly right so that the passenger unlocks. Otherwise it takes me about 8 tries for it to work. Thanks for the replys tho guys. At least I will know what to do if I ever get a newer 'bird.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:51 PM

Wow.........I'm going to change mine!
Old 06-16-2004, 12:09 AM

do u have an aftermarket alarm? if not u can just get one for like $100 or so any DEI, viper, clifford, python, so forth and get a door lock relay 451m and hook it up and when u lock/unlock ur doors it will do both, then u dont have to worry about hitting it so many times and ull have an alarm, much better than factory/no alarm.