General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Storing you car lets make this a sticky

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 07:19 PM

Storing you car lets make this a sticky

Ok, well like many of you i am sure you are all tired of the questions we get this time of year about storing your car. So here we go lets start a tread and get all these questions answered and make it a sticky.

1) If storing inside or out its best to get a car cover to keep dust, debris and the elements off your vehicle
2) Its best to park your car on paved grounds as not as much moisture will build up on the car.
3) If storing outside its best to put up on jacks to give the tires and the suspension some reliefe. It will also reduce flat spots in your tires. I have stored my car inside and i never got anyflat sports..so its up for debate.
4) Put stabil in the fuel tank it keeps the gas from going bad. As always its best to use prem gas.
5) Changing the oil is up for debate as well. I always change my oil before i store the car to get the crud out of the motor and put in some fresh oil never hurts.
6) Oil the frame and all exposed metal if storing outside. It makes it harder for rust to form and moisture to stick.
7) Remove the battery and store it or add a trickle charger if possible
8) It is recomended that you start the car atleast every month to burn the moisture out of the motor. I usually start my car every 2 weeks.

Anything else you guys want to add?