General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Replacement parts from Borla

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 07:11 PM

Replacement parts from Borla

Anyone ever bought exhaust replacement parts? My driveshaft recently parted company from the car and severely damaged one of the pipes on my Borla cat-back. I don't really want to let the local exhaust shop patch it back together so I called Borla to get a new pipe. Don't know yet how much it will be yet (they have to call me back) but he did say it would take 5-7 weeks to get it. That seems a little long to me. If the system was a flowmaster of something like that I'd just patch it up. But those stainless pipes loo so good I don't want to butcher the system.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:08 PM

Re: Replacement parts from Borla

Umm borla has million mile warranty. So just say it happened by itself. A good exhaust shop should be able to do a great job patching it up and you wont really even notice.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:24 AM

I have heard mixed reviews about dealing with Borla.
They did replace a pipe for me where the flange rusted to the point of leaking but it was time consuming. You also must have the receipt to get the warranty.

I have heard on this forum where a guy without a receipt wanted to buy a replacement pipe and they would not sell him one which is flat out wrong.

I have a Borla LT1 1995 catback parts list. Describe the part you need and I will give you the part number and a contact.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:15 PM

My brother has an extra y part. The flange that the plates bolt on to. If that's what you need. He also has a couple of plates.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:40 PM

I also heard the story about Borla not selling replacement parts. They have been great to me. I expained that it was on the car when I bought it (I really bought it new from a board member) and told them it was damaged when the driveshaft came out. They never said thet wouldn't sell me parts. They did say they don't list prices for replacement parts and he would have to request a retail price for it.

I'm sure a muffler shop could patch it, but the pipe wouldn't be stainless and the bend wouldn't be mandral type. Unless the pipe is outragously priced. I'll get it from Borla.

The pipe I need is part number 42403. It's next to the driveshaft back near the yoke. Borla sent me a illustrated parts breakdown.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:51 PM

Other then my CC recept, I dont have any proof or paper either! I forgot all that at the shop I installed it at and by the time I realized I forgot it it was too late!

I do rember that even direct they charge an arm and a leg! (you'd think it would be cheeper dealing with Borla themselves) I got mine from Summit I think???
Old 02-10-2006, 01:09 PM

Maybe another member of the board can hook you up with a receipt or copy of one. I would but i have slp stuff.